14| Crazy

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Crazy

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 14: Crazy (Vince's POV)

"You are out of your goddamn mind!" 

I sighed, "I am not. It's the best plan we could have." 

She was standing on the other side of the kitchen island and she's literally running from me. I moved around the counter and she moved to the other side, where I was previously standing. "Plan? This is a recipe for disaster, Vince! A romance? You want me to date you?! Me?!" 

I rounded the table and she moved away, going into her room. 

"You're crazy," she shrugged, pacing. "You have lost your goddamn mind. How? Explain to me. How the hell is this a solution? Making it look like we're dating while I'm your assistant again? Make it make sense." 

"If you stopped pacing for a fucking minute, I would," I said, scarily calm. 

I don't yell at people in general that much, I don't like losing control of myself and that's what happens when you yell at someone. And when you lose control, you don't know what you're doing, and you could hurt someone. I don't want that. 

But when Demi first started working for me, there was one incident where she made a huge mistake. It almost ruined the whole game. But because of her mistake, I was an entire hour late to the stadium. I was lucky that due to a brawl between two people attending, the game was delayed. Of course, I scolded her, she got me in trouble. And that was the first and only time I've seen Demi Tiffany Vaughn cry. 

She stood in front of me in my living room with her hands behind her back and her head down while she stared at the floor. 

Her hair was still long back then, but it's much longer now, hitting her hips. She was just a ball of nerves back then. 

I sighed and her shoulders tensed up, practically covering her ears as they came up. "Demi." 

She hesitantly peered up at me. 

Even then, I always called her Tiffany. Since we met. But that was the first time I called her Demi. It's when she realized I only use her name when I'm angry. I should go back to doing that. 

After all my questioning, when I asked her how she could be so stupid, what she was thinking, how she managed to do something so dumb, how she was so irresponsible... After all that, I just got one sniffle. I paused, my brows furrowing. "Are you crying right now?" 

She shook her head quickly. 

"Look at me." 

She shook her head again, slowly this time. 

"Ms. Tiffany." 

She hesitantly looked up and wiped her eyes. 

I rolled my eyes. "You made a mistake, I got angry because it almost cost me a game. You understand that, I hope."