Year 1 Part 4 (chapter 4)

Author's note:
I will publish a chapter every day from 10/19/2021 till 10/23/2021 because I have one week's holiday! I hope you will enjoy!😇
———————————————

Word count: 1.6k

After Severus has left the girls' bathroom, he walks straight to his private chambers. He hisses in pain when he sits down on his couch.

He decides to check his wound. Thank Merlin that stupid three-headed dog didn't bite too harshly - it could have easily bitten off his whole damn leg if he hadn't left the corridor as quickly as he did.

He levitates a potion into his hands - a Wound-Cleaning Potion. He takes a deep breath before slowly applying the potion onto the wound. He almost screams in pain when it touches his skin. It stings quite badly.

After a few minutes, the stinging finally decreases. He debates with himself whether or not he should go to Poppy Pomfrey in the Hospital Wing.

He however decides against it. The potion should be enough, he will just let the wound heal on its own.

He can't help but wonder - did Quirrell indeed try to steal the Stone? He will need to keep a good eye on him.

Exhaustion takes over his body as he falls asleep on the couch.
______________________________

The next morning, Severus groans. Great, he got a backache from sleeping on the damn couch.

He sighs as he stands up and gets himself ready for the day. He then limps towards the Great Hall.

As he sits down and ignores Quirrell and his annoying stammering, he notices his Godson and his friends sitting next to Y/L/N. The girl looks quite shy being around them, but answers when Draco asks her something. Severus wonders what he just asked her.

He's suddenly reminded of what day it is today - the day where Slytherin will once again win against Gryffindor in the Quidditch match.

Severus only watches the matches when Slytherin is playing. He doesn't care, at all, about the other Houses.

He then growls to himself when he realises something - Potter is the new Seeker of the Gryffindor team.

When he's finished with his meal, he slowly limps towards the Gryffindor table.

"Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you have proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you. Even if it is against Slytherin" the Potions Master says, looking at Potter and his two friends before quickly limping away.

As he's leaving, he can't help but smirk a bit. There's no way that Gryffindor will beat Slytherin today.
______________________________

Later that day, it's finally time - Slytherin against Gryffindor.

At the Quidditch Stadium, Severus is sitting among his colleagues in the tribune reserved for teachers.

Quirrell is sitting behind him, thank Merlin for that. It's bad enough that he has to sit next to the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher in the Great Hall, he doesn't want to sit next to him here as well.

Everyone is looking at the Quidditch pitch, waiting for the players to enter. Severus notices Y/L/N sitting next to Draco. He wonders if that was what the boy asked - for her to sit next to him.

His train of thoughts is interrupted as all the players fly inside the pitch and into their positions. High up in the air are the two Seekers - Terence Higgs from the Slytherin team and, of course, Harry Potter from the Gryffindor team.