Year 6 Part 2 (chapter 30)

Author's note:
Wormtail isn't staying at Spinner's End in this story as Severus deserves some peace and privacy. I hope you enjoy!
———————————————

Word count: 2.1k
Warning: Unbreakable Vow and mentions of death

It's finally Thursday. Severus has counted each day, waiting impatiently. It will be nice to leave Spinner's End, even if it's only for a few hours.

Grabbing his cloak, Severus apparates to Diagon Alley. As he does so, he scowls when people bump into him. There are people EVERYWHERE.

He decides to immediately escape the crowd and heads inside the Leaky Cauldron.

He looks around before spotting two empty seats. He quickly strolls towards them, making sure to save the spot in front of him for Y/N.

He wonders when she will show up. He really hopes that she hasn't changed her mind.

Just then, a new customer enters the busy pub. It's Y/N.

He almost doesn't recognise her as she isn't wearing her school uniform. She's wearing a light green summer dress with black thin straps.

When she spots her Head of House, she smiles. "Hello, Sev- Professor Snape!" she quickly corrects herself. They are in public after all.

Smirking, Severus gestures for her to sit down. She immediately does.

"Hello, Ms. Y/L/N. Thank you for inviting me, it was most kind of you" he says, looking at her neck. He sees that she still wears her cauldron necklace.

"You are welcome, sir. I'm glad that you wanted to come" she says, giving him a shy smile.

Just then, the waiter approaches them. "Hello and welcome to the Leaky Cauldron. What would you two lovebirds like?" he asks, waiting patiently for their answer.

Y/N blushes while Severus coughs a few times. "She's my student, we are here to discuss the next term. I would like a firewhiskey. Would you like a butterbeer, Ms. Y/L/N?" he asks his flustered student.

The girl merely nods, too shy to say a word.

The waiter widens his eyes. "Oh, my apologies, sir! I thought... A firewhiskey and a butterbeer coming right up!" the man says, giving an apologetic look before hurrying to the bar.

Once he's out of sight, Severus clears his throat. "I apologise for the embarrassment, I do hope you still want your drink" he says, giving a concerned look.

He's sure that she wouldn't want to sit with him now that the waiter thought they were here as a couple. She's probably really embarrassed and disgusted by that.

Who would willingly go on a date with Severus Snape, the snarky Potions Master of Hogwarts?

Blinking a few times, Y/N gives him a reassuring smile. "Of course I still want to, I did invite you after all. And it's not your fault, I probably shouldn't have put on a dress today" she says, looking like she's second-guessing her outfit.

He shakes his head. "Nonsense, it suits you" he says, praising her outfit.

Y/N blushes at that. "Thank you" she mutters, shyly smiling at him.

The waiter returns with their drinks before immediately leaving towards another table. They continue talking after taking a sip of their drink.

"Oh, by the way, I tried to brew Felix Felicis. It was quite difficult, and I feel like it didn't turn out right. It's almost as if the instructions in the book were wrong" she says, looking a bit unsure.