One Shot: Surprise

Introduction:
A month after their honeymoon, it's Severus' birthday. Y/N has a surprise for him - how will he react?

This is a request from Amaya_Honeybelle. Thank you for your request! Definitely check out her Severus Snape one shot book and "The Unwise Choice of Loving You" SS x reader story!

This is a continuation of "Honeymoon". Y/F/N means your father's name while Y/O/N means your owl's name.

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 3/14/2022
———————————————

Author's note:
I don't know how witches figure out if they are pregnant, so this is just an idea lol.
———————————————

Word count: 914
Warning: Blood, nausea and vomit

Y/N and Severus both wish they could have stayed at the cabin forever. Alas, they had to return home to Spinner's End once Y/N's holiday was over.

Of course, Y/N's father had been worried as Lucius did as he promised - he insisted that he had no idea where the married couple were.

It did not take long for her father to bother them in Spinner's End, demanding where they had been.

Severus rolled his eyes at the man's behaviour. He acted like Severus had kidnapped and tortured his own wife. Y/F/N Y/L/N seriously needs to relax...

Thank Merlin the man calmed down when they explained that they had simply been on a holiday.

After a long discussion, he finally understood that they needed to be alone. Well, so he said. Severus doesn't really believe that he truly understood, at least not accepted it.

After an even longer discussion, he finally agreed to stop bothering them. At least during the weekends.

Almost a month later, it's soon Severus' birthday. As he's currently visiting Draco's father for a glass of firewhiskey, Y/N is thinking of what to give him.

He doesn't need potion ingredients. He doesn't need new clothes. He doesn't really need anything. What should she give him?

She suddenly starts feeling nauseous. She takes a few deep breaths. Did she eat something that was expired? Or something she's allergic to?

A few minutes later, she has to give in as she hurries towards the bathroom and throws up. She's really not feeling well, what could be wrong?

She suddenly widens her eyes in realisation. She hasn't had her period in over a month, and now she's having nausea. There's only one logical explanation to this.

Once she feels well enough to travel, she apparates to Diagon Alley to buy a potion. She could have brewed the potion herself, but if she did, Severus would have noticed that some of the ingredients were missing.

When she's back home, she slices a tiny cut on her thumb so a few drops of blood drips into the potion. A few seconds later, the potion turns green.

It's positive, she's pregnant!

Y/N is so happy. She however starts feeling rather insecure. Will she be a good mother?

And more importantly - what will Severus say? Will he even want the child?

After thirty minutes of worrying, she makes a decision. She decides to tell Severus on his birthday. In fact, it will be his gift - he knows every potion, he will immediately understand what it is from the smell.

She pours a bit into a small vial and wraps it up in green gift wrapping. She makes sure to hide the present so her husband won't find it.
______________________________

A week later, it's January ninth. They have decided to celebrate his birthday in Spinner's End, just the two of them.

They are currently curled up by the fireplace, cuddling while Y/O/N is sleeping peacefully on an armchair.

While Severus kisses Y/N's forehead, the young woman is starting to get second thoughts. How will he react?

"Love?" he gently asks, taking her back to reality.

She shakes away the thoughts, smiling at her husband. She has to tell him. She just hopes that he will be happy.

"I have a present for you" she states as she hands him the green present.

He looks at her in awe. "You didn't have to get me anything. Your love is the greatest gift I could ever ask for" he says as he kisses her cheek.

Giggling, she urges him to open it. Chuckling, he decides to do so. As he slowly opens it, Y/N bites her lip nervously while waiting for his reaction.

Once the vial is in his hand, he raises an eyebrow as he inspects it. He opens it before taking a sniff.

A few seconds later, he widens his eyes while looking at the potion in his hand. His gaze immediately lands on his wife.

He hasn't said anything yet.

She closes her eyes, regretting her decision. He's probably devastated or furious.

She's however surprised when he hugs her tighter than ever, sobbing.

"Is it real? Please tell me it's real" he begs, resting his forehead on hers.

Y/N sighs in relief. He's neither devastated nor furious. He's happy.

"It's real, Severus. We are going to be parents" she tells him, smiling.

Her owl hoots in happiness after hearing the happy news. He must have woken up from his sleep just in time for the surprise.

Severus sighs in relief as well before giving her a passionate kiss.

"This is the best present I could ever imagine. Thank you so much, Y/N. I love you so much, my dear wife" he says as he kisses her once more.

She kisses him back immediately. She feels so silly for worrying before. He's clearly happy.

"I'm going to be a father" Severus whispers to himself, feeling so much joy. He can't wait to meet his child.

"Do you think it will be a boy or a girl?" Y/N questions.

Severus has no doubts. "I'm quite sure it will be a girl" he states, gently putting a hand on his wife's stomach.

She smiles at that. "Happy birthday, Severus" she says while caressing his hand.

She's so happy that the surprise made him happy.

And he is indeed right - they will get a daughter nine months later.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "Toddler Daughter" will be published on 3/20/2022! It will be a continuation.