Year 6 Part 4 (chapter 32)

Author's note:
Something is revealed about the forced engagement between Y/N and Draco!

By the way, Y/N is sadly not in this chapter, only mentioned.

Also, it's January 9th here, which means it's Severus Snape's birthday! Happy birthday to our favourite Potions Master🥳🎂🎁

PS: Thank you all so much for 8k reads and 520 votes as well as all your comments! I really appreciate it🥺
———————————————

Word count: 1.6k
Warning: Mentions of being cursed and forced marriage

Severus sighs as he observes the necklace in front of him. Katie Bell, a student, has been cursed.

Of course, Severus already knows who did this - Draco. The necklace was meant for Albus, but the girl touched it as she was going to deliver it.

The boy needs to find a way that doesn't get others killed or cursed. What was he thinking?

"What do you think?" Minerva asks, interrupting his thoughts.

They are currently in her office, examining the jewellery. Potter and his friends are there as well as they found the girl.

"I think Ms. Bell... is lucky to be alive" he tells her.

"She was cursed, wasn't she?" Potter asks, interrupting.

Severus rolls his eyes. No, Potter. All necklaces do this to people, haven't you noticed?

"I know Katie, she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was delivering that to Headmaster Dumbledore, she wasn't doing that knowingly" the boy continues.

"Yes, she was cursed" Minerva reveals.

"It was Malfoy" Potter suddenly says, sounding so sure.

That gains Severus' attention. How in Merlin's name did he come to that conclusion?

Minerva turns around, giving Potter a surprised and serious look. "That is a very serious accusation, Mr. Potter" she says, not believing what he just said.

Severus looks at the boy, raising an eyebrow at him. "Indeed. Your evidence?" he questions, wondering if the boy saw Draco plant the necklace.

"I just know" Potter merely says, clearly not having any evidence for the professors.

"You just... know?" Severus asks, looking at him in disbelief. So he has no idea - he's simply just blaming Draco?

"Such an astonishing gift, Potter. A gift mere mortals could only dream of possessing. How grand it must be... to be the Chosen One" he sarcastically says.

Does the boy really think he's right about everything just because he survived the Dark Lord's curse?

Minerva looks at Severus in disbelief at what he just said.

"I suggest you go back to your dormitories. All of you" she demands as they don't seem to be moving.

Hearing her threatening tone, Granger and Weasley immediately leave. Potter looks at Severus for a few more seconds before following his friends.

Once they are gone, Minerva sighs.

"I cannot believe Mr. Potter would accuse Mr. Malfoy without having any evidence to show us. And I cannot believe you either, Severus! Don't you realise how hard it must be for him to be reminded of that?" she questions, referring to the night the boy's parents were killed by the Dark Lord.

Severus huffs. "I am sure he's gotten used to it by now. He should have, at least" he mutters.

Shaking her head in disapproval, Minerva turns to leave. "I will let Albus know about the necklace. Clearly, he must be in danger" she states, sounding concerned as she leaves her office.