One Shot: How She Fell in Love with the Potions Master

Introduction:
This is a collection of 25 scenes from Friendship with the Potions Master in Y/N's POV but written in third person. It shows how she slowly falls in love with the Potions Master.

It's a request from nicoleette_gale. Thank you for your request!

Y/F/N means your father's name, Y/M/N means your mother's name and Y/O/N means your owl's name.

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 7/26/2022 ———————————————

Author's note
It's FINALLY here! This took me around 12 hours or so to write🥴 One shots usually only take me 1-2 hours to write, so...

Sorry for the very long delay, I hope it was worth the wait.

This one is REALLY long, so grab some snacks before you read!😅
———————————————

Word count: 15.4k
Warning: Age gap (Y/N is 18 years old in year 7), blood, fire, mentions of death, marriage against one's will, torture (Cruciatus), snakes and venom

The First Time She Saw Him (Year 1 Part 1, chapter 1)

Y/N Y/L/N is walking through the halls of Hogwarts with her fellow first-years. They are following Minerva McGonagall, the Deputy Headmistress. They are about to enter the Great Hall to get sorted.

Y/N is nervous, really nervous. She's afraid to disappoint her father if she isn't sorted into Slytherin like he and her mother were. Even if her mother isn't among them anymore, she still wants to make her proud.

As they enter the Great Hall, she's amazed when she looks at the ceiling. She hears a girl behind her explaining to another girl that the ceiling is enchanted. Apparently, she read it in 'Hogwarts: A History'.

That intrigues Y/N. Maybe she should read that book, too.

When she finally looks around, she internally panics. She knew there would be a lot of people, but she didn't know there would be THAT many people. She's really shy and doesn't like to be surrounded by a lot of people she doesn't know.

She takes a deep breath. She can do this.

Professor McGonagall asks them to stand in front of her. As they all do so, she calls each first-year to be sorted at a time.

The first one is Hermione Granger. Y/N notices that's the girl who explained the ceiling. Cheers can be heard as she's sorted into Gryffindor.

The next one is Draco Malfoy. Y/N has heard that last name before - her father works with Lucius Malfoy. That must be the boy's father.

She's quite impressed when he's sorted into Slytherin, the hat barely touching his head. The boy looks proud, smirking as he confidently walks over to the Slytherin table.

Y/N notices a man by the staff table clapping. He didn't clap when Hermione Granger was sorted.

She takes a good look at him. He has black shoulder-length hair, onyx eyes, a crooked nose and wears all black.

She wonders if that's his favourite colour. She also wonders what subject he teaches.

Her train of thoughts is interrupted as the next one is sorted - Ronald Weasley, another Gryffindor.

McGonagall then calls a name that makes the entire room go quiet - Harry Potter.

Y/N can't help but feel sorry for him. You-Know-Who killed his parents and tried to kill him as well. She hopes that he's living with a nice, loving family.