End of Year 7 (chapter 39)

Author's note:
Hopefully your tissues are nearby🤧 I hope you enjoy!
———————————————

Word count: 3k
Warning: Blood, death, snakes and venom

As Severus gets nearer and nearer the Shrieking Shack, he can't help but have a bad feeling about this.

Everything should be fine, the Dark Lord has the Elder Wand. Could something indeed be wrong?

He then stops in his tracks, hesitating. Could the Dark Lord have found out? Could he possibly know that he isn't the true master of the Elder Wand?

Shaking off the thought, Severus slowly enters. When he does, he notices the Dark Lord is waiting with his snake.

"Severus," the Dark Lord says, facing the man. Severus bows to him.

"I am sure you know why you are here" he starts, seeming like he's looking for any reactions.

"I haven't gotten the slightest idea, my Lord" Severus tells him, giving a confused look.

"You see, Severus... The boy will show up tonight, meeting me in the Forbidden Forest. However, there's one problem... The wand isn't working probably. It seems as if I can't do my potential with it" the Dark Lord says, looking irritated.

"You have performed extraordinary magic with this wand, my Lord, in the last few hours alone" Severus states.

"No," the Dark Lord hisses.

"No. I am extraordinary, but the wand... resists me" he says, slowly approaching Severus.

"There is no wand more powerful. Olivander himself has said it" Severus points out.

"Tonight, when the boy comes, it will not fail you, I am sure of it" Severus assures, hoping he believes him.

The Dark Lord merely looks at him, not saying a word. That scares Severus.

"It answers to you... and to you only" Severus continues.

"Does it?" the Dark Lord questions, finally saying something.

Severus tries not to show his concern. Does he know?

"My Lord?" Severus asks, trying to sound oblivious.

"The wand... does it truly answer to me?" the Dark Lord asks, circling Severus.

"You are a clever man, Severus. Surely, you must know - where does its true loyalty lie?" he questions, looking into the Headmaster's eyes.

"With you... of course, my Lord" Severus says, his hands behind his back. He's truly getting nervous now.

"The Elder Wand cannot serve me probably, because... I am not its true master" the Dark Lord suddenly says.

Severus' heart is beating fast. He knows.

"The Elder Wand belongs to the wizard who killed its last owner" he continues.

Severus tries his best not to show his surprise. Does the Dark Lord believe that... Severus is the master of the wand?

He walks closer to Severus once more, his snake hissing behind him.

"You killed Dumbledore, Severus... While you live, the Elder Wand cannot truly be mine" he slowly says.

Severus is bewildered. Is he going to...?

"You have been a good and faithful servant, Severus..." the Dark Lord lets him know.

"But only I can live... forever" he declares, looking murderous.