Year 5 Part 4 (chapter 26)

Author's note:
I hope you like this chapter! Merry Christmas!🎅🏻
———————————————

Word count: 1.3k

Today is Christmas. All students have gone home to celebrate with their families. Well, everyone except for Y/N and Draco.

They can't go to Malfoy Manor as the Dark Lord is there, and Y/N's father is working. So they have decided it would be best to stay at Hogwarts.

Of course, Y/N doesn't know about the Dark Lord. Draco told his friend that Lucius and Narcissa had urgent business to attend to, claiming he doesn't know what it's about.

And she believes him. Draco feels bad for lying to her, it's however necessary. If only her own father would tell her the truth...

Severus is currently sitting by his desk in the Potions classroom, waiting. He has requested Draco to bring Y/N here, saying he has something to tell her.

In reality, it's something to give her. He has decided to give her a Christmas present - she gave him the book for his birthday, so it's only fair he gives something in return, right?

As he looks outside the window, he sighs. He usually loves watching the snow fall, but right now, it just reminds him of the cold.

A few days ago, he lost his favourite and only scarf. He has looked everywhere, but alas, it's nowhere to be found.

He has been meaning to buy a new one, but he simply hasn't had the time. It was a miracle he actually had time one day to go to Hogsmeade to buy Y/N's present.

He hopes she will like it. He's obviously not rich like the Malfoys, so it's a rather modest, simple gift.

His train of thoughts is interrupted as a knock on the door can be heard.

He clears his throat. "Enter" he states.

Y/N then enters, giving her Head of House a big smile. "Hi, Severus. You wished to see me?" she questions as she approaches his desk.

He nods. "Yes, I do. I just wanted to give you something" he says as he hands her a small present wrapped in green gift wrapping with a silver ribbon.

She gasps. "You didn't have to!" she exclaims, lost for words as she looks at her present. It's small enough to fit into one of her hands.

"Nonsense, you gave me the book for my birthday last year. Which I have really enjoyed reading, by the way. Now, open it" he insists, gesturing for her to open her present.

Nodding, Y/N eagerly opens it, revealing a black box. As she opens the small black box, she looks at its content in awe.

"It's beautiful" she whispers, taking it out of the box. It's a silver necklace with a small cauldron pendant.

"Draco always joked about how Potions is your favourite subject, and you did mention once that I'm your favourite teacher. So, I thought a cauldron necklace was in order" Severus explains, smirking.

It however turns into a frown as the girl keeps staring at the necklace. "I can take it back if you don't like it" he says, looking unsure.

Y/N's eyes immediately divert to his as she shakes her head.

"No, I love it! I love it so much. Also, Draco wasn't joking. And neither have I been, I do really love Potions and you are in fact my favourite teacher" she says, shyly smiling.

She suddenly runs towards him as she hugs him.

"Thank you so much, Severus!" she says, her arms wrapped around him.