Year 4 Part 2 (chapter 18)

Author's note:
Sorry for the late publication!

Sadly, this chapter has no interaction between Severus Snape and Y/N Y/L/N. There will be plenty of that in the next ones, though!
———————————————

Word count: 2k
Warning: Mentions of attacks

It's a new school year, however very different. This year, Hogwarts will be hosting the Triwizard Tournament.

Only the teachers know - it's going to be a surprise for the students.

Right now, all the teachers and students are gathered in the Great Hall. All the first-years have just been sorted, and now, everybody is waiting for the Headmaster to do his speech so they can get something to eat.

While they are waiting, Severus is in deep thought. He heard the news about what happened at the Quidditch World Cup - Death Eaters attacked people.

The news puzzled the Potions Master. He can only think of one reason why they would suddenly attack - if the Dark Lord will return soon.

He hopes that Y/L/N and Draco weren't injured during the attack. Lucius probably made sure that they were safe.

Severus can't help but wonder if he knows why it happened...

His thoughts are interrupted as the Headmaster begins his speech.

"Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement" the old man says, gaining everybody's attention.

"This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen-" he says just as Argus runs into the Great Hall, whispering something to the Headmaster.

Albus nods at him. He continues his speech as Argus runs out of the room.

"So, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event - the Triwizard Tournament" he announces. Everybody gasps and starts whispering to one another.

"Now, for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. For each school, a single student is selected to compete. Let me be clear, if chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted" he warns, looking absolutely serious.

"But more of that later" he then says, completely changing his tone to a calm and cheery one.

"For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their Headmistress, Madame Maxime!" he declares, gesturing to the door.

It opens as it reveals a big group of girls wearing blue uniforms and blue hats. They march inside the Great Hall, charming all the boys of Hogwarts.

Severus notices that Weasley seems very fascinated with one of the blonde girls, admiring her bottom.

The Potions Master rolls his eyes at that. Of course, they are teenagers after all... He hopes there will be no students messing around at the Yule Ball.

Speaking of the Yule Ball, the students don't know about that yet. That will be another surprise.

Albus greets the French Headmistress. She must be a half-giant just like Rubeus as the woman is at least three heads taller than the Headmaster.

All the Beauxbaton girls bow as everybody claps and cheers for them. The Headmaster kisses Olympe Maxime's knuckles before he returns to the staff table to introduce the other school.

"And now, our friends from the north. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their Headmaster, Igor Karkaroff" Albus states as everybody diverts their attention to the door once more.