One Shot: Rictusempra!

Introduction:
Severus and Y/N's daughter Eileen comes home for the holidays and shows her parents a new spell she learned.

This is a request from on @lunamoon1357. Thank you for your request!

Y/O/N means your owl's name.

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 12/16/2022 ———————————————

Word count: 827

Today most students from Hogwarts return home for the holidays to spend Christmas with their family. Severus and Y/N are currently waiting at King's Cross Station to get their daughter, Eileen, home.

As they are waiting, Severus can't help but think back to the day Eileen started Hogwarts. It's only been three months, so he still gets a bit emotional about it.

On the outside, he looked like the usual strict man, but on the inside, he was an emotional wreck. He was really close to shedding a tear in public...

He hugged his eleven-year old daughter so tightly she almost couldn't breathe. "You are squeezing me, Father" she giggled.

He didn't want to let go of her, but as the train signalled it was taking off soon, he reluctantly retrieved his arms. He kissed her forehead and watched her go on the train.

After they waved her goodbye, Severus sniffled quietly to Y/N. "Let's go home" he muttered.

Immediately as they returned to Spinner's End, he finally let a tear fall. His precious daughter is growing up too fast... She's already a Hogwarts student!

When Y/N noticed the tear on his cheek, she cooed. "Severus, is that a tear?" she asked rhetorically.

He huffed. "No, it's a drop of rain" he sarcastically replied. It wasn't raining that day.

Y/N laughed. "Don't worry, darling. She will be back for Christmas" she reassured him.

"I know... But I still miss her" he whimpered. At that, she wrapped her arms around him, comforting him all day that day.

As they are still waiting for the train, Severus slowly smirks when he remembers Eileen's letter from her first day at Hogwarts. He was so proud when she told them that she got sorted into Slytherin. They did expect it as both her parents are Slytherins, but still. He was so proud of her.

He was also so proud of her when she described her first Potions lesson. Slughorn is still teaching the subject. She got her Cure for Boils correct in her first try. Not only was it correct, but it was perfect, too.

"The potion was too easy, Father. Probably because I've had the best teacher until I started here - you" she wrote.

It warmed his heart to read it. He has been brewing potions with her since she was very young. He even gave her easy quizzes about potions when she just started to talk. He still remembers her answer to Amortentia.

"That must be 'Daddy', because I love you so much!" she answered. He almost cried with happiness when she said that.

At last, the Hogwarts Express is here. Eileen runs towards them. "Father! Mother!" she exclaims as she hugs them.

Severus doesn't hesitate before hugging her back even tighter. So does Y/N. "You guys are squeezing me!" she says as she giggles. Y/N and Severus chuckle at that.

Y/O/N suddenly flies on top of Y/N's shoulder before nibbling her gently. She smiles. "Hi, Y/O/N!" she says as she pets the brown owl. It hoots happily.

The four of them then return home to Spinner's End. Eileen is looking around the house in awe. "Look how big the Christmas tree is!" she exclaims with joy.

Y/N chuckles. "We knew you would love it. Your father and I chopped it ourselves" she explains.

As they put down Eileen's belongings, she suddenly remembers something. "Oh, right! Can I show you a new spell we learned?" she asks, looking at them with her puppy eyes.

Severus looks at her suspiciously, raising an eyebrow before nodding. "Of course, princess. Go ahead" he encourages.

Giving a mischievous grin, the girl points her wand at her father. "Rictusempra!" she exclaims.

As the spell hits him, Severus can't contain his laughter. He has to hold his stomach from laughing so much. Both Y/N and Eileen giggle.

Once the spell stops, Severus clears his throat before he looks at his daughter with his usual unreadable expression. "... I knew you were up to something" he mutters.

After a moment of silence, all three of them burst out laughing.

"You must be hungry, sweetheart. We have prepared a nice 'welcome home'-dinner for you" Y/N says once they recover.

Just as she mentions dinner, Eileen's stomach rumbles. Severus chuckles. "Good thing we cooked a lot. Let's eat" he suggests.

The three of them sit by the dinner table and begin to eat. As they do so, Severus smiles as he looks at his loving family. He couldn't wish for a better life. Eileen might be growing up too fast, but the three of them always make sure to make every second count.

He has missed her a lot, though, so he will make sure to hug her extra tightly tonight before bedtime... And get his revenge on her for using the Tickling Charm on him. Only he won't need magic to do so.

🎉 You've finished reading Friendship with the Potions Master (Severus Snape x Slytherin student! reader) 🎉