End of Year 6 (chapter 34)

Author's note:
The end of year 6 is here, which means there's only one more year left!😢 You may or may not want a tissue nearby🤧 I hope you enjoy!
———————————————

Word count: 2.5k
Warning: Death, fire and suicidal thoughts

Severus paces around in his private chambers, thinking so hard he's getting a headache from it.

Today is the day he has dreaded the most - today is the day he has to kill Albus Dumbledore.

In a moment, Death Eaters will show up at Hogwarts thanks to Draco's cabinet that allows people to show up from one place to another. They will be able to show up undetected at Hogwarts.

Sighing deeply, Severus slowly walks towards the Astronomy Tower. Just as he arrives, he notices someone hiding - Potter.

The Boy Who Lived is here. He isn't supposed to be here! Great, now everyone will know what Severus is about to do...

He will be the most hated man in history.

When the boy finally notices the Head of Slytherin, he widens his eyes. Severus puts a finger to his lips, signalling the boy to stay quiet.

He's going to hate Severus even more than he already does...

"Go on, Draco... NOW!!" Bellatrix yells, urging Draco to kill the Headmaster.

"No" Severus says, stepping towards the Death Eaters.

Draco widens his tear-filled eyes.

Severus slowly steps closer, desperately thinking of how to avoid this. However, there is no other way. He has to do this.

"Severus..." Albus says, gaining his attention.

Severus tries his best not to show any emotions. He tries his best not to cry.

"Please" Albus pleads after a moment of silence.

To everyone else in the room, it sounds like the Headmaster is begging the professor not to kill him.

However, Severus knows the true meaning behind the word - mercy kill. The man is dying anyway from the curse.

"Avada Kedavra" Severus manages to say with a cracking voice, throwing the killing curse at the Headmaster.

The curse hits Albus in his chest, making the limp man fall out the window, down the Astronomy Tower.

Severus' brain slowly registers what just happened. He killed someone. And not just anyone - he killed Albus.

He begs Merlin that nobody notices his facial expression. Draco looks just as sad as Severus is feeling.

Bellatrix suddenly grabs Draco by the shoulder, motioning for everyone to leave. Before they do so, she casts the Dark Mark symbol in the air.

They all run out the Astronomy Tower. Severus, Draco, Bellatrix and the rest of the Death Eaters stroll through the halls.

When they enter the Great Hall, Bellatrix is having too much fun breaking glass and destroying everything. She breaks the entire window by the staff table, creating a sound of explosion.

As they leave outside, walking through the Forbidden Forest towards Rubeus' hut, Bellatrix is definitely not hiding her excitement - she's laughing like a maniac, almost dancing. She has clearly been waiting to do this.

"Snape!" somebody suddenly yells.

Severus immediately spins on his heels. Potter. He must have followed them.