Year 2 Part 3 (chapter 9)

Author's note:
Sorry for the delay, I'm quite busy lately🥲 I hope you enjoy!
———————————————

Word count: 2.4k
Warning: Snakes and mentions of death and petrification

The next morning after the Bludger incident, Severus tries his best to stay awake. Surprise, he didn't get much sleep last night. Not only from speculations about him apparently witnessing the death of Y/L/N's mother, but other things as well.

A student was petrified during the night - the annoying first-year Gryffindor who kept taking photographs with his damn camera, Colin Creevey.

Of course, because of Argus' accusations, people are blaming Potter. Severus sighs in irritation. They believe the Boy Who Lived possesses great power, yet the boy can't even make a simple Hair-Raising Potion.

Speaking of Potter, the boy is still at the Hospital Wing as his bones are still growing out. Severus knew that Lockhart was an imbecile, but he still can't believe the man removed all the bones in the boy's arm. How stupid can one be?

As Severus eats his meal while ignoring the annoying Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher who keeps insisting that he could have saved the first-year boy had he just been there before it was too late, the Head of Slytherin looks at the Slytherin table.

Draco seems to be complaining about the pain as well as making a big deal out of it.

Y/L/N looks at the boy with sympathy while Parkinson looks at him in awe, almost like he's some hero who saved the day. How charming...
______________________________

A little over two weeks after the news of the petrified student, all students are learning how to defend themselves.

Severus sighs in annoyance. He's currently waiting for that imbecile man, Lockhart, to announce the Potions Master's involvement in this lesson.

He almost regrets agreeing to help... Why in Merlin's name did he say yes?

Well, he will hopefully get the opportunity to humiliate Lockhart in front of the students. That will be entertaining and he will enjoy every second of it.

"Gather up!" he suddenly hears Lockhart declare.

"Gather around. Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me?" Lockhart continues, turning around to face all the students. He's on the side that's closest to the staff table of the duelling stage in the Great Hall.

"In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Headmaster Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little duelling club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works" he says, giving a self-satisfied smile that makes Severus want to throw up.

The blonde-haired man suddenly takes off his cloak and throws it to the female students who are all gasping, fighting to get their teacher's cloak.

Even Granger seems fascinated by the man who claims to have accomplished great things numerous times in his life... And people call that girl smart.

The only people who don't seem to buy his lies are all the boys and Y/L/N. Severus smirks to himself - at least she has some common sense.

"Let me introduce my assistant - Professor Snape" Lockhart finally announces, stopping all the chattering.

Everybody looks in the direction that Lockhart gestures to just as Severus dramatically emerges on the stage.

"He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry - you'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him. Never fear" he continues, quite confidently.