Year 7 Part 2 (chapter 36)

Word count: 1.5k
Warning: Suicidal thoughts and mentions of death and not eating

Severus quickly found out whether he would see Y/N again or not.

He did.

He's currently at the very place he never expected to be seen at ever again - he's at Hogwarts, specifically inside the Great Hall. The new school year is just about to start.

However, one important person is missing - Albus. They still need a new Headmaster.

Severus was sure it would be Minerva as she is the Deputy Headmistress - however, it's the person he least expected it to be.

It's himself. The Dark Lord has announced Severus Tobias Snape as Headmaster of Hogwarts.

All the students are currently seated, looking at the staff table. Unfortunately for Severus' sanity, in front of the staff table is one of the people he hates the most - it's the toad, Dolores Umbridge.

Or Umbitch, as Severus really wants to call her right now.

The horrendous woman has been assigned to announce the new Headmaster, much to Severus' dismay.

He doesn't want to do this, he doesn't even want to be here. Alas, he has no choice.

Everybody in the room looks sad, some even angry. Which Severus expected.

He dares to take a glance at Minerva. The woman looks at him in disbelief, she yet has a sad look on her face. She's probably trying to understand why Severus did what he did, but can't find any logical explanation.

Severus sighs to himself. If only he could tell her...

He looks at the Slytherin table where Draco and Y/N are. Draco looks horrified and scared. Y/N looks scared as well, she's however too busy cheering up her friend.

It doesn't work, though. Draco never wished for any of this to happen, and now he's a part of it. Reluctantly, but still a part of it.

At the Gryffindor table, three particular students are missing. Potter and his friends are hiding from the Death Eaters, probably hunting for the Dark Lord's Horcruxes.

After a long moment of silence, the toad gains everybody's attention.

"Ahem, ahem. Welcome to yet another year at Hogwarts. This year will be much different from the previous ones - your lessons will follow Ministry-approved approaches, and you will, of course, get a new Headmaster. First, I would like to introduce you to your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teachers - Alecto and Amycus Carrow" she states as she gestures to the Death Eater siblings.

They both rise from their chairs, smirking evilly at the frightened students.

"And now, for your new Headmaster - Severus Snape" she declares, giving her annoying little girl-like laugh.

Severus refuses to stand up, he refuses to look at anyone. It is rather difficult, though - he can feel people's confusion, people's anger.

As he looks at Y/N, the girl offers him an encouraging smile. If she hadn't been here, he would probably have left in an instant, not caring about manners.

He doesn't want to be Headmaster. He would rather die.

"That was all. I do hope you will enjoy your new and different year" Umbridge says, laughing once again. She then leaves the Great Hall.

All that can be heard is silence.

When everybody looks at Severus, expecting him to say something, he sighs. Is this a punishment from the Dark Lord? It surely feels like it.