Year 4 Part 4 (chapter 20)

Author's note:
The Yule Ball is here! I hope you enjoy!
———————————————

Word count: 1.9k
Warning: Alcohol

A week after the dance lesson, it's the last Potions class before the Yule Ball. As there's only a few days left for the party, the students are too excited to pay attention in class which irritates Severus quite a bit.

He has made the students write about Wit-Sharpening Potion. They seemed too distracted to be brewing today, and he did not want any of them to blow up his classroom.

Hopefully, writing the assignment will help them regain some brain cells. He really doubts that, though, but one can only hope.

If they ever had any to begin with, that is.

As he walks around while observing the students, he notices Potter and Weasley discussing the Ball instead of doing their assignment.

"It's mad. At this rate, we will be the only ones without a date" Weasley says, sounding worried.

Severus strolls towards the boy and smacks him at the back of his head to make him focus.

"Ouch!" the boy exclaims as he rubs the sore spot.

The boys then pretend to be writing, but the Potions Master sees right through them. Instead of scolding them, he decides to listen to their conversation while pretending to read a book.

Apparently, the two Gryffindor boys still haven't found a date. To their surprise, Longbottom found one before them.

Weasley then, really poorly, tries to ask Granger to be his date.

"Well, Hermione, you are a girl" the boy points out like this is the first time he really notices his friend's gender.

The girl looks extremely offended. "Well spotted!" she snaps.

Potter tries to warn his friends, but it's too late - Severus hits all three of them with his book.

As Severus once again pretends to be reading, he keeps listening in on their conversation.

"I won't be going alone, because believe it or not, someone asked me!" Granger says in an angry tone.

She rises from her seat to hand her assignment to the Potions Master. He grabs it as he diverts his attention to Y/L/N. She handed hers in a while ago, but she's still here. She seems to be reading in her Potions book.

Severus can't help but wonder who she will go to the Ball with.

He hears the two Gryffindor boys continue talking. Getting extremely irritated, Severus rolls up his sleeves to prepare himself.

He grabs their hair as he pushes down their heads. Both boys groan in pain.

"That will teach you to do your assignment instead of discussing dates for the Yule Ball" he says through gritted teeth as he continues to observe the students.

Once all the students finish and leave, Y/L/N stays behind.

"I see Potter and Weasley got on your nerves today" she says, trying not to laugh.

Severus smirks. "Indeed. Those idiotic boys kept discussing the Yule Ball. Speaking of that, do you have a date?" he questions, looking at her curiously.

The girl nods. "I do. I will be going with Draco" she reveals.

He raises an eyebrow at that. "Really?" he simply asks, a bit surprised.

"Yes. He wanted to ask Pansy, but she had already said yes to Marcus Flint. So Draco is trying to make her jealous. He has feelings for her, you see" she explains.