Aurora

Enzo had told one of the woman at the table named Aurora to show me to my room and take care of my cheek. I don't know what there is to take care of on my cheek, but I wasn't about to question him and get a punishment on my first day.

I am relieved I don't have to stay for that dinner. It seems Aurora was thinking the same thing because as we left the dining room and found ourselves in the hall she turned to me and said,

"Thank god you're here. I almost had to sit through that."

I kept my head bowed and continue walking. I peaked up quickly when she came to a stop. I'm surprised to see we are in the kitchen. I quickly put my head back down before she could see.

"Okay, here's this", she said handing me a bag of frozen peas.

"I'd like to warn you that I'm not a good cook ma'am. But I'll do my best to make these," I said in my monotone voice.

"What? No, those are to put on your cheek so it doesn't swell as much." She said sounding almost angry.

Aw fuck, I can't have someone mad at me within the first hour of being here. Trying to make up for it I said,

"I'm sorry ma'am."

She gently placed a finger under my chin and lifted my head up so I was looking at her eyes.

"First off, don't call me ma'am, just call me Aurora. Secondly, please look me in the eyes when you talk to me. It's just creepy that you stare at the floor and talk like a robot." She said.

I looked at her and kept my face emotionless. On the inside I felt surprise.

"Yes, Aurora," I replied.

I brought the frozen peas up to my stinging cheek and held them there. When Aurora turned around to shuffle through drawers I quickly looked around. It was huge, and gorgeous. I would love to bake in here. I may be a terrible cook, but baking was something I had natural skill at. Plus it reminds me of baking with my mom when I was......

No no no, no thoughts of before. Thinking of the past only brings unnecessary emotions. My life started at twelve in that dingy basement.

"Hey, you've been traveling all day. You must be starved by now. What would you like to eat?" Aurora asked over her shoulder.

"I enjoy all of them so you can give me what the others don't like," I said.

"All of them? All of what?" She asked.

"The MRE's," I replied in confusion. Of course she couldn't hear or see my confusion.

".........why would I give you an MRE?" She said after a long pause.

"What else would I eat?" I questioned. I don't remember eating anything other than MRE's except when a mission allowed it.

That's why one of the missions I had to sleep with an ugly old man was my favorite. I got the secrets out of him and didn't have to kill him. The best part, however, was he bought me dinner first at some fancy restaurant. It was the best food I'd ever tasted.

"How about real people food," Aurora said with an attitude.

"I'll eat whatever you want to give me," I said hoping that won't upset her.

She huffed out a breath before grabbing a little bag of chips from a cupboard and an apple from the fridge.

"Here," she said thrusting them at me.

I quickly grabbed them and followed her after she brushed past me. We took a couple twists and turns and I already began making a mental map of every exit, entrance, and possible weapons.

We finally got to a door that she opened to show a beautiful room. There was a raised king sized bed in the center, a desk in one corner, a couch in the other, and across from them was a floor to wall ceiling with a view almost as breathtaking as the one in the main entrance.

"Okay, this is your room. We should go grab all your stuff so you can unpack," Aurora said

I swung my backpack off my back and said,

"I'll get settled in right away."

She looked at me like I had two heads.

"Where's the rest of your stuff?" She asked

"I have everything right here," I replied

"Nuh uh, no way. Dump it on the bed right now," she snapped.

I quickly followed her order and unpacked my bag. She just stood there and stared at in silence for a whole minute.

"What the fuck is this?" She asked "They don't even give you shampoo or conditioner?!"

"I don't need it unless my objective is to seduce a target," I explained.

She let out a groan before storming out of the room. A second later she popped her head back in and said,

"Well, are you coming?" I quickly followed after her.