Bonding

After training was finished I wasn't even sore. That was a weak workout compared to what I was used to. I walked to Mateo as him, Aurora, Enzo, and scrawny were packing everything up. Mateo seemed the nicest and easiest to talk to.

"Hey Mateo, is there a place I can get a good run in?" I asked

"You want to do more work after that?" He questioned.

I let out a chuckle before saying,

"That was a warm up compared to what I'm used to."

Mateo turned to Enzo and said,

"Hey Enzo, she wants to work harder. Can I take her out for a run?"

Enzo just shrugged so Mateo turned back to me and smiled. He motioned me to follow him as he took me outside.

"Okay, try to keep up. Don't feel bad if you can't, just ask me to slow down if needed." He said leaking confidence.

I smirked and nodded. I was the fastest with the best stamina in my assassin class. I had a feeling he wasn't going to be as good as me.

"How does eight miles sound?" I asked.

His eyes widened a little but he just nodded. We both began jogging. He kept up with my quick pace for the first three miles, but by the fourth I heard him huffing and looking like he was ready to puke.

"Why don't we walk for a bit?" I suggested.

He looked at me gratefully before nodding enthusiastically. He slowed to a walk while I jogged in place next to him. Once he caught his breath enough to speak he said,

"Jesus christ are you a fucking robot?"

I chuckled before shaking my head.

"I started training when I was twelve. We weren't allowed to do anything but train, sleep, or go on an assignment for the past eleven years. Boredom got us to the point that training was fun. Plus we were all competitive as hell," I replied my voice coming out a little shaky as I breathed in through my nose and out through my mouth.

He looked at me surprised and shook his head. He then sped back up and we continued our quick eight minute mile pace. I could do five minute miles if it was under two. Over two miles of it I'd probably pass out.

After six miles I looked at him in pity. His entire shirt was dripping with sweat and he sounded like he was having an asthma attack. We've been going around in a loop that was a little over a mile for the whole run. When I recommended we stop after this loop he looked offended before wheezing out,

"No way, we're doing eight! That's what we agreed to so that's what we're doing."

I smiled before saying "Damn, I'm really tired and was hoping we could go back,"

I let my breath come out harsher than it had to and Mateo jumped at the chance saying,

"Well yeah if you're tired we should go back"

I nodded and when the mansion came into view I slowed into a walk to stretch out the legs and calm my heart rate. He followed suit and tried to stop huffing his breath.

We walked in the main entrance and the guards took one look at Mateo and instantly let us inside. Good to know they recognized him as an authority figure. He seemed like the easiest to befriend other than Aurora. I was ready to go up the stairs but when he headed straight for the elevator I followed suit.

I know if I went up the stairs he would feel the need to do it too to show his masculinity. I smiled at him as he bent over with his hands on his knees still trying to catch his breath while the elevator moved back up to the top floor.

We walked out and I followed him into the kitchen. Enzo was sitting at the granite island bar that was in the middle of the room. He looked over at us and raised his eyebrow.

"She tried to kill me," Mateo huffed out slowly.

I just smiled, my breathing calmed down by now.

"It does seem like you tried," Enzo said to me.

I laughed before saying, "It was only six miles, not my fault this guy is out of shape."

When I gently slapped Mateos back he sent a glare my way.

"May I get waters from the fridge, sir?" I asked Enzo.

He nodded before saying, "You don't have to ask to get drinks or food while you're here."

I walked over to the fridge and pulled out two water bottles. I opened Mateo's water bottle for him and passed it to his shaking hand. He tried to sip it but looked like he was going to puke.

I held mine to my lips and swallowed it all in one go. I definitely sweat quite a bit too and needed to rehydrate.

"Can I go take a shower?" I asked.

Enzo nodded his head before saying, "In half an hour meet here for lunch and your next assignment."

I replied with a yes sir before heading to my room. I have a whole half hour to shower and change. I smiled to myself as I realized I could take a fifteen minute shower if I wanted. If his men were allowed to be late to training without lashes I don't think he'd care about my shower length.

Plus, he doesn't have a guard in the room timing my showers like we had in Russia. I stripped and stepped under the water I had turned ice cold. I soaped up and washed quick before just standing under the water breathing deeply.

After my phone timer went off signaling my fifteen minutes were up, I hopped out and toweled off. I'm not sure what all the different sized towels were for. I just grabbed the big fluffy one and tied it up around my hair when my body was dry.

I changed into a new pair of leggings and threw on a sweatshirt. This time I did put on the uncomfortable lingerie. Better to be prepared to fuck at any moment. I put on deodorant and saw that I had ten minutes left.

I traveled through the house until I stood in the kitchen. Enzo, Mateo, Aurora, and scrawny were already sitting at the island bar. I walked forward and took the last chair that was next to Enzo who sat at the head of the table.  I was across from Aurora and next to Mateo. Scrawny sat across from Mateo and next to Aurora.

"Alright, it's time for your first assignment," Enzo said to me.