Chapter 14: The Hogsmeade Date

The night before you went to Hogsmeade with Cedric, you decided to break the news to the twins while sitting in the common room after dinner. They immediately protested saying that you had to go for the first trip to the village of the year, that there was no point staying back at the castle all alone for no reason. That's when you had to explain to them that you were still going to Hogsmeade, but with Cedric.

"I didn't think you knew his friends that well?" Fred asked you, leaning back into the couch and crossing his arms. George glanced at his brother from his seat next to him and then looked over at you curiously. You awkwardly adjusted your position on the neighbouring armchair and dealt the final blow, "I'm not going with his friends, it's...just going to be me and Cedric," you admitted sheepishly.

Fred raised his eyebrows and then looked down at his feet, digging his shoes into the carpet, "so it's a date?"

You cleared your throat, "um, I'm not sure, it could be? Maybe, I don't really know..." you trailed off and looked down at your hands and folded them in your lap. While you were looking down, George gave his twin a meaningful look, nodding his head in your direction. Fred rolled his eyes and sighed at his brother.

Then he straightened up, "I... er- I hope you have a good time, Y/N."

You smiled at him gratefully, "thanks, Fred."

---

The next morning you were walking through the freshly fallen snow with Cedric on the way to Hogsmeade, the twins and your other friends had left earlier, so you figured you'd eventually bump into them while you were in the village with Cedric.

You'd both agreed to save your chatting for the Three Broomsticks, as the cold wind was making your teeth chatter too much to talk. When you finally settled into a booth next to the roaring fireplace with a Butterbeer each, you sighed in relief at the warmth, and the pair of you finally started to catch up on everything. The conversation inevitably ended up turning to the Triwizard Tournament and of course Harry's surprise entry. "He says he didn't put his name in and I believe him," you told him honestly and he nodded thoughtfully.

"He did look quite shocked when he joined the rest of us after, and he doesn't really seem like the 'eternal glory' type," he said and then took a sip of his drink.

You quirked an eyebrow at him, "and you are?" you asked him playfully, nearly making him spit out his mouthful of Butterbeer. He shook his head and swallowed, "no, not the eternal glory, I just want to make my parents proud, as silly as that sounds."

"That's not silly at all, Cedric! I actually think it's sweet."

"Thanks, Y/N," he smiled softly, but then you saw his eyes look at something behind you.

You turned around and saw what, or rather who, he was looking at. A beautiful girl with long, shiny black hair and a Ravenclaw scarf had just walked in with her friends, and after a moment you came to the realisation. You turned back to Cedric who was still looking at the girl as if in a trance, and a smile grew on your face.

You bumped your shoulder against his, snapping him out of his thoughts and then he looked at you, surprised, "sorry, I think I zoned out a bit. What did you say?"

You laughed then, shaking your head fondly, "she's very pretty." You nodded towards where the girl was settling down next to her friends at a table at the other side of the pub.

Cedric's eyes widened and a flush blotched his pale cheeks, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean-"

"It's okay, Cedric" you placed your hand on his wrist comfortingly."I really don't mind, honestly. You should go talk to her, and if you don't then I'll do it for you," you grinned menacingly at him.