Chapter 64: The Plan

Three weeks after arriving at Shell Cottage, Harry was growing restless. You were sitting at the kitchen table with Hermione, Fleur and Luna one morning, sipping on tea when Harry came in and addressed you, the other girls and Bill, who was putting away some clean mugs and glasses.

"I need to talk to the goblin," he told everyone firmly, and Bill stared at him for a moment before nodding in understanding.

"This way," he said, leading Harry out of the kitchen to the stairs. Hermione glanced at you and then stood up to go with him, and Ron got up from the couch from where he'd been sitting with Fred and George and followed too. You got up and went over Ron's place on the couch next to Fred and collapsed onto the plush cushions with a sigh, "he'd better have some information we can use for the other Horcruxes."

Fred pulled your legs up and across his lap, "goblins are sly little gits, I don't know if we could even trust what he has to say."

"Agreed," George said, kicking off his shoes and propping his feet up on the coffee table, "I reckon he'd lead us right into a trap."

"Do you really think so?" You asked in surprise, "even after we brought him with us out of Malfoy Manor?"

The twins both shrugged and you sighed again, "I don't think we've got much else to go on to find the other Horcruxes, it could be worth the risk to trust him. I really don't think we have any other choice."

Bill walked into the living room then and clapped George on the shoulder as he walked past him to sit in the armchair next to the window, "I just got word from Dad, everyone is fine but still laying low."

"Oh, good," Fred sighed in relief and George asked, "what about Ginny?"

Bill ran his fingers through his long red hair, "she's fine, but things at Hogwarts are getting bad. The Carrows are apparently using the Cruciatus Curse on students." You scowled in disgust but your next words were interrupted by a knock on the door.

You exchanged brief looks with the Weasleys but Bill raised his hand in reassurance, "it's okay, we're hidden to everyone apart from members of the Order." He got up and walked to the door, greeting whoever was there, and you almost gasped as Remus walked into the room, looking more exhausted than usual.

"Remus!" you greeted him happily with a hug and he hugged you back, then he clapped Fred and George on the backs with a friendly smile. Bill led him into the living room and invited him to sit down, which he did.

"Remus?" Harry's voice said from the hallway as he, Ron and Hermione descended the stairs. "Ah, Harry. It's good to see you," Remus greeted him with a smile and then Harry spoke again, "have you bad news?"

Remus shook his head, "on the contrary, I come bearing good news. I believe we all need some of that right about now." When you all looked at him expectantly, he smiled, "Dora and I have welcomed a son."

You gasped in delight, and everyone grinned and immediately congratulated him and he graciously accepted the good wishes. You missed Tonks a lot, having gone from spending most days with her as she mentored you during your Auror training, to not seeing her since Bill and Fleur's wedding when she'd first told you she was expecting a baby.

"That's incredible news, Remus!" you exclaimed as you gave him a tight hug, "how is Tonks doing? What's the baby's name? Who does he look like?"

He chuckled at your excited curiosity and patted your back fondly before pulling back from the hug to answer your questions, "Dora is doing very well, she misses you a lot actually, Y/N. We have named him Edward Lupin, in honour of Dora's father, but we call him Teddy. And thankfully, he takes after his mother. He's simply beautiful."