Chapter 33: The Attack

The following week, your ribs were fully healed and you were completely pain free thanks to Madam Pomfrey's treatment. The D.A. was back at practice and you were all blasting jinxes and hexes at the mechanical Death Eaters. For a particular exercise, the mechanical dummy was placed in the centre of the room and you all surrounded it and sent it hurtling towards each other with different spells.

"Stupefy!" Bea said and it rolled in your direction, "Expelliarmus!" you pointed at the dummy and it went rolling in the opposite direction.

"Expelliarmus!" the next person shouted and you carried on like that, essentially passing it back and forth between your group.

"Reducto!" Ginny yelled from beside you as she flicked her wand at the dummy and it immediately exploded and landed in a pile of ash on the floor.

Stunned silence filled the air as everyone turned to the red haired girl, she looked surprised but thrilled at the same time, and you leaned over to praise her, "nice one, Gin. But what did that dummy ever do to you?" She smirked and shoved you playfully while Fred and George just stared at their little sister in astonishment.

The D.A. meetings continued successfully for weeks and before you knew it, it was the last day before Christmas break. The Room of Requirement had appeared with a large Christmas tree and decorations the week before and you were all in a happy, festive mood as you practiced your defensive spells.

You noticed the lingering looks between Harry and Cho, and you smirked, remembering when you and Fred were like that when you were both blind to your feelings for each other. You just hoped that Harry wouldn't be his usual stubborn self when it came to girls.

"Expelliarmus!" you gaped as Neville disarmed you and sent your wand flying straight out of your hand, Bea was standing next to you and looked astonished. But no one looked more shocked than Neville and you beamed at him, "Neville, you did it!" you quickly grabbed your wand from the floor and you and Bea and a number of others ran up to congratulate the bewildered boy.

"Fantastic, Neville! Well done," Harry patted his shoulder, clearly delighted for him and Ron clapped him on the back too.

A short while later, Harry gathered everyone's attention, "now, we're not going to be meeting again until after the holidays," a few people mumbled in disappointment and you didn't blame them, you were going to miss this over the break.

"So just keep practicing on your own as best you can. And well done, everyone," he looked genuinely impressed, "great, great work." You all clapped with him as the group dispersed and everyone picked up their school bags and belongings from the benches along the walls.

You walked over to the tall mirror where you'd left your bag, and looked up at it. During the first week of the D.A.'s meetings, Harry had put up a copy of the photo that Remus had shown you of the original Order of the Phoenix. You had decided to follow by example and include someone else you knew would've been right there in that room with you all if he could have been. You'd cut out a photo of Cedric that had been in the Daily Prophet following his death and you'd kept it in your notebook next to his letter. You decided to duplicate it and put it up on the mirror next to Harry's photo, and it got a lot of appreciation from those who knew Cedric. Fred had watched you put it up and had held your hand and told you that it was almost like Cedric was still part of the D.A., even if he wasn't physically there with you all.

As you looked at the photo now along with the newspaper clippings that had been put up around it, you saw Cho walking up behind you in the mirror. "Hey, Cho," you smiled at the girl and she returned it happily. "Hi, Y/N," she looked up at Cedric's photograph and smiled sadly, "it's nice to feel like he's still with us, isn't it?"