Chapter 54: The Snatchers

A/N: This was one of my favourite chapters to write! Content warning for minor violence and slightly mature scenes. 

-----

The day after the wedding, back at your flat in Diagon Alley, you were subtly packing some of the twins' clothes and a few other things you might find useful should you need to leave, just as Hermione had advised. Lee's voice echoed through the flat and you could hear his proposal of setting up a radio programme specifically for helping others on your side to gain information that wasn't being reported on by either mainstream radio stations in the wizarding world or by the Daily Prophet.

You all thought it was a great idea, extremely dangerous but very necessary. Over the course of a couple of days, Lee had managed to pull a few things together and the three of you had offered the spare room as a sort of studio for his broadcasting.

The next few weeks consisted of Lee, who went by 'River', Fred who went by 'Rapier', Remus who went by 'Romulus', and Kingsley who went by 'Royal', providing various insights to anyone who tuned into the broadcast. The guest hosts, which was anyone other than Lee, each supplied updates on events that weren't being reported by the Ministry, and the broadcasts from your flat became a source of hope for many people across the country over the following weeks.

"Good evening everyone, this is your host River back with more updates for you on our elusive hero Harry Potter, who has not been seen in over a month, but we're positive he's busy trying to save us all from the Chief Death Eater! I am joined today by our resident jokester, Rodent, who is going to put some rumours to rest for us all today, over to you Rodent!"

Lee grinned at Fred across the small table, who rolled his eyes at his friend before switching on his own small broadcasting microphone. Lee had dug the two small devices out from somewhere and had enchanted before launching the broadcast during that first week of August.

"It's Rapier, you idiot. But anyway, I'd just like to share a couple of stories that I've heard over the last while. So, as our listeners will know, unless they've taken refuge at the bottom of a garden pond, You-Know-Who's strategy of remaining in the shadows is creating a nice climate of panic! Mind you, if all alleged sightings of him are genuine, there must be at least nineteen You-Know-Whos running around!" Fred chuckled at his own sarcasm.

"Which suits him of course," Lee said into the microphone, "the air of mystery creates more terror than actually showing himself. He must be compensating for something."

"Agreed. So people, let's try and calm it down a bit. Things are bad enough without inventing stuff! For instance, this new idea that You-Know-Who can kill you with a single glance from his eyes? That's a Basilisk, listeners! One simple test: check whether the thing that's glaring at you has legs: if it has, it's safe to look. Although, if it really is You-Know-Who, that's still likely to be the last thing you ever do." Fred grinned despite the morbid image he just painted to the listeners.

"Well, thank you for that update, Rodent!"

"It's Rapier!"

"And don't forget to tune in again listeners, for more stories, tales, updates, and advice. And next time's password is 'Sirius'. In the meantime, stay safe and support Harry Potter!"

Lee switched off the microphone, "and we're out!"

Fred scowled at him, "will you ever just call me by the alias I picked out?" You chuckled at them both and they stood up from the chairs of their makeshift studio.

"I'd better get back down to the shop or George'll have my head. I'll see you for dinner, my love," Fred said as he walked into the living room with you and kissed your lips softly.