Chapter 62: The Manor

A/N: You know what happens in this chapter...content warning for violence/injury detail

-----

The six of you were pulled roughly into the enormous mansion and everyone gathered in the large entrance hallway, where the Malfoys stood waiting. Draco was pushed forward gently by who you assumed was his mother and was encouraged to identify you all, and your heart sank because you knew he would easily recognise you and your friends without question.

But he hesitated.

"Well?" Bellatrix demanded, pulling Harry's head back by his hair and Draco approached slowly and then stopped.

"I-I can't be sure," he said nervously, but his eyes flicked to Ron, then Hermione and you, and then the twins who, while they had brown hair now as a result of your spell, were still undoubtedly recognisable to Draco who'd know them from school.

"Draco," Lucius Malfoy pressed quietly, looking like a shell of the man he once was after his time in Azkaban, "look closely, son." Draco grimaced as his father placed a shaking hand on his shoulder, "if we are the ones to hand Potter over to the Dark Lord, everything would be forgiven. All would be as it was, understand?" Draco glanced at his father and nodded slowly.

The Snatcher holding Hermione, who you'd gathered was the leader, shoved her over to Greyback who still had his painful hold on you, and the werewolf caught her by the arm and dragged her over to where you stood next to him. You reached down and gripped her trembling hand in yours and she squeezed your fingers tightly, not daring to let go.

The Snatcher then turned over to the Malfoys once Hermione had been restrained once again, "now, we won't be forgetting who actually caught him, I hope, Mr Malfoy."

Lucius Malfoy's eyes blazed in fury, "you dare talk to me like that in MY OWN HOUSE!?" he yelled, and you could tell from his demeanor and his wild eyes, just how unhinged he'd become over the last year.

While Narcissa Malfoy attempted to calm down her husband, Bellatrix beckoned her nephew over, "don't be shy, sweetie. Come over."

Draco approached his aunt and reluctantly crouched down in front of Harry while Bellatrix spoke once again, "now, if this isn't who we think it is, Draco, and we call him, he'll kill us all. We need to be absolutely sure."

Draco studied Harry closely and his eyes flickered briefly back over to the rest of you. "What happened to his face?" he asked and Bellatrix looked over at your captors, "yes, what is wrong with his face?"

"He came to us like that," one response came while another voice chimed in, "something he picked up in the forest, I reckon."

Bellatrix stood up and approached your group slowly, "or ran into a Stinging Jinx. Was it you, dearie?" she asked, pointing at Hermione who froze next to you, and then she looked at you, "or was it you?"

She paced in front of you both as Greyback gripped you tightly, "I remember you two. Granger and Y/L/N, was it? We had quite a bit of fun in the Department of Mysteries, didn't we? And now we have two Mudbloods for the price of one." She cackled wildly, her eyes alight with menace.

You squeezed Hermione's hand as the crazed witch stared between you with wide eyes. You glanced over at Fred who was struggling against his two captors and he met your gaze with an equally frightened one of his own. George was being held back by a fist roughly gripping his now-brunet locks and he shared a worried glance with you too, all of you very aware of how dangerous your situation was.

Bellatrix suddenly gasped loudly and pointed at one of the Snatchers who was holding Fred with one arm and holding the Sword of Gryffindor with his other.