Chapter 34: The Charade

The Portkey in Dumbledore's office was an old kettle and as soon as you touched it you were transported directly to the street outside Grimmauld Place with your things. Sirius immediately opened the door of Number 12 and ushered you in as he and Remus helped you to haul your trunks into the house.

Sirius was still fastening his nightrobe as he led you in, "what's going on? Phineas Nigellus said Arthur's been badly injured-"

"Ask Harry," Fred said sharply and you were taken aback by his tone.

"Yeah, I want to hear this for myself," George agreed with similar bluntness.

"Guys, please," you murmured from behind them as you pushed them ahead to the drawing room. They didn't look at you as they stalked into the drawing room and threw down their coats and backpacks onto the floor, and Fred sat down with his head in his hands at the table while George paced anxiously behind him. You put your own belongings down and sat in the chair next to Fred as the others filed in.

The twins looked up at Harry expectantly as he walked in, and while you were disheartened that they were taking their anger and fear out on Harry, you couldn't blame their wariness considering how many unanswered questions you yourself still had about how Harry knew what he did. And at the same time, it wasn't your place to tell them how to act or feel about what had happened to their father.

The younger boy cleared his throat, "it was- I sort of had a vision. There was a snake and it attacked Mr Weasley while he was working, and then I woke up." Everyone stared at him and Fred scowled while George crossed his arms at Harry, and Ginny just stared at him.

Sirius, sensing the tension, shared a worried look with Remus and then tried to redirect the conversation, "look, I'm sure you all have a lot of questions-"

"Questions?" Fred scoffed as he looked up at the other man, "the only question at the moment is why are we here and not at St Mungo's with Dad?"

"I understand your frustration, Fred, but it just isn't safe," Sirius said with regret.

"Well Dad isn't safe either. For all we know he could be dying, or already dead-" George flinched at his own words but pressed on, "and we just don't know it yet because we're not there, and instead we're holed up here with no answers!"

Sirius stood up from the table, "I know this is hard, and I'm not trying to minimise your feelings and how angry and scared you must be. But think of it logically, how would you explain why you were at the hospital before they'd even told his wife?"

"What does it matter?" George said heatedly.

"It matters because we don't want to draw attention to the fact that Harry is having visions of things that are happening hundreds of miles away!" Sirius reasoned. "Have you any idea what the Ministry would make of that information?"

"I don't give a shit about what the Ministry would make of it," George said and he glared at Sirius. You wanted the floor to swallow you up rather than witness this horribly tense exchange.

"Look," Remus said calmly, trying to get through to the twins who were blinded by fear and frustration, "your father was hurt while on duty for the Order and the circumstances are strange enough without his children knowing about it mere seconds after it happened."

Sirius nodded in agreement, "if you showed up at the hospital without any viable explanation, it could seriously damage the Order's-"

"We don't care about the bloody Order!" Fred snapped.

"This is our dad dying we're talking about!" George shouted.

"Your father knew exactly what he was getting into and he won't thank you for messing things up for the Order!" Sirius thundered, angry at the boys' attitudes. "This is just how it is, and this is why you're not in the Order. You don't understand that there are things worth dying for!"

Yours, Fred | f. weasley x readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें