Chapter 69: The Battle of Hogwarts Part II

Everything was dark and all you could feel was pain.

You couldn't move or make a noise, you weren't even sure if you were breathing under the weight pressing down on you. It was as if you were trapped in your own body.

The first coherent thought you had was of Fred, and as if you'd been injected with adrenaline, you felt your ability to move returning to you and you began to push at the weight that covered you.

A small stream of light appeared over your head and you realised that you were covered in rocks and rubble, and you couldn't hear if Fred was there or not. You pushed the stone off of you, wincing at the painful gashes they left behind, and you crawled across the floor, noticing your wand on the floor near the wall.

But you didn't care, all that mattered was finding Fred. There was no movement in the rubble around you, or in the abandoned corridor at all, and you felt your breath coming in ragged gasps as you crawled across the floor, looking for any sign of him.

You coughed the dust out of your lungs as you dragged yourself towards where you'd last seen him, and you saw his hand peeking out from under the splintered remains of a door and rubble from a broken wall.

You were in so much pain that you could have blacked out if it wasn't for the desperate need to find Fred, and as you reached him, you pulled back the splintered door and found him lying flat on the stone floor, very still. You pulled yourself to your knees and cupped his face, and you almost recoiled at how cold to the touch he was.

"No," you whispered aloud, your mind not quite catching up with you. You touched his face, and cleared the rubble away from him.

"No no no," you begged as you pulled the rest of the stone and splintered wood off him, and you clung to him desperately, half climbing on top of him as you held onto his face.

"Fred, please-" you choked out a broken sob, your breathing coming in ragged gasps, as you held his pale face in your hands.

"Freddie, wake up. Please wake up-" you begged desperately, almost choking yourself in anguish.

Fred could not be dead.

You couldn't see him clearly through your tears and the dust that covered you both, and your pain made your vision blur even more, but he wasn't moving, and you couldn't feel the rise and fall of his chest.

If you had the energy you'd scream and cry until there was nothing left, but you were overcome and you collapsed down onto his chest, your own pain and hazy state pulling you back into unconsciousness as you sobbed brokenly onto him.

"Y/N," came a whisper, and it was so quiet that you almost missed it, but it was enough to make you jump upright and look down at Fred's face.

Tears streaked down from the corners of his eyes, but he blinked slowly and you sobbed in relief as the faintest smile ghosted his lips.

"Fred-oh god," you sobbed clutching onto him, burying your face in his shoulder.

He slowly pushed himself upright, groaning slightly as he moved to lean back against the intact wall behind you, but he didn't let go of you as he did so. You gripped onto each other and sobbed in relief, and he kissed your hair and held you close to his chest.

"I thought you were dead," you whispered croakily and he pulled back to cup your face, brushing away your tears and loose strands of hair.

"I don't even know what happened, one minute I was talking to Percy, and then I heard you screaming my name and then-" his brows furrowed and then his eyes widened and he stared at you in complete and utter shock.

Yours, Fred | f. weasley x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara