ch 15; Vah Ruta

Link is looking out through a window at Zora's domain and is looking at the rain who keeps pouring down without any hint of reaching any end.
They should probably make the rain stop pouring soon. Before someone get hurt.
Even though a little rain itself cannot kill someone, it could make great consequences if it keeps raining without any stop. Like overflowed ponds etc where the water could break buildings down and drowning the crops. Leaving the people without any harvest to eat during the winter.

And maybe they could get a clue what happened about one hundred years ago if they enter the divine beast?
Link glances at Linkly through the reflection at the window. The smaller man has been very pale lately. At least these days it took getting here.
Perhaps it wouldn't be a good idea with taking Linkly into a possible danger. But would he agree with staying away from the divine beast?

Link sighs and turns around.
"Linkly I-..." he starts saying and makes the blonde man jolt asking.
But Link couldn't say anymore than those few words since the doors to the king's chamber swung opened.
A very bothered Sidon walks out from the chamber after a long and vulnerable talk with his father whom has one foot in the grave.
The red Zora prince gasps surprised as he didn't thought he would see the two Link outside the room.
The handsome Zora is looking begging at Linkly as he is screaming after comfort from the one he loves.
Link clears his throat with a fist in front the mouth.
"Okay sharkboy..." Link starts saying and tries keeping a smirk away.
Sidon jolts and pulls his gaze away from Linkly and looks asking and a slightly frustrated at Link.
Link places the hands on the hips.
"Now tell me... How will we enter that weird looking elephant who cause a lot trouble around here? I'm sick of the rain..."
Sidon snorts.
"Don't tell me about it... The scent of wet dog makes me dizzy..." he stares at Link who glares back at him.
Linkly chuckles nervously and waves his hands while standing between them as he tries telling them to calm down with the insults.
"Link please... Don't start a fight... His father is very sick... Can't you try be nice?" Linkly asks through the mind.
Link rolls the eyes. Of course he will try be a slightly nicer. Which is why he didn't said anything more than 'Sharkboy' when talking with Sidon. But he can't promise he would stay nice any longer if Sidon keeps insulting him.
Link inhales deeply and looks serious at Sidon.
"I don't have the time with petty fights... Tell me instead how we will be able to enter that elephant..."
The Zora prince parts his lips exhaling. Then he shrugs.
"Vah Ruta will attack us the moment we get any near it ... Our only chance to enter the divine beast is through I'm swimming with a warrior riding my back while he's attacking the divine beast with lightning arrows..." Sidon explains and gives Linkly a side look. He would rather have Linkly riding his back. But he doesn't want to put Linkly in great danger. Especially not while Linkly seems as he isn't  feeling very well. But he would hate the idea of letting Link riding on his back. It would feel way too degrading.
Link nods.
He doesn't want to ride on Sidon's back either. But he also don't want to put Linkly in danger. Which leaves him as the last option. But he won't be the one to beg Sidon to assist him.

Sidon inhales deeply. No way he would team up with Link.
"So... I and Link..." he nods smiling at Linkly.
"Will take care of the divine beast after dinner today... If you are alright with it?" He looks asking at Linkly who nods after a few seconds.
Link parts his lips. He clenched his hands while swallowing hardly. If he had knew Sidon would bluntly say who he wanted as teammate during the fight, he would immediately said he would rather stay put than fight with Sidon by his side. Even if that would be very immature...
Rather that, than getting humiliated in front Linkly.

***
Link is eyeing Linkly worried during the dinner there they are sitting by long tables with the people of the Zoras.
The silent blonde is looking very feeble as he is either about to pass out or throw up.
And neither of those options are any good.
"If you aren't feeling any good, then you should probably stay out of fighting today..."  Link thinks while staring at Linkly who jolts a little and let's go of the spoon he used while eating fish soup.
Linkly looks confused at Link. Finally a little color starts showing up on his face.
"B-but... I can't! I need saving them... And, I want to help them" Linkly protests and shakes his head.
Link sighs while rolling his eyes.
"Don't be a fool... I can save them instead... That would the point be if you get killed since you aren't feeling very well?"
Linkly furrows his eyebrows.
"B-but..."
"No!"
Linkly exhales sighing through the nose and leans backward on the seat with a pout.
"Why not? Sidon wanted me as his teammate..."
" Which was a selfish choice" Link shrugs and notices how Sidon behind Linkly is staring at them in pure confusion.
"Selfish?" Linkly is crocking the head to the side.
Link nods.
"Yes... Even though I don't want to team up with him and ride on him... I was about to volunteer to team up with him despite I can't stand him... But he couldn't do the same... Instead he wanted to team up with you despite you obviously aren't feeling very good today... Which is extremely selfish... He is putting you in great danger because he can't work togeheter with me"
Linkly exhales understanding.
"Oh-... I can see your point...But... Despite that, I still want to save the zoras... I want to be the one to tag along with Sidon" Linkly shrugs.
Link grits his teeth and stares angrily at Linkly. Obviously not liking the choice Linkly has taken. The darker blonde man turns his face away from Linkly's. As he needs a few moments to think.
Then he jolts and looks back at him.
"Alright... Then I want to help you with preparing the fight after we are finished here" Link smiles.
Linkly blinks surprised. But he nods smiling.
"Deal!"