ch 28; old and new memories

'

Siri makes a hand gesture against the blue Zora behind her.
" Link... Do you remember Cedric? The Zora, you helped to get together with me?" She asks curiously while Cedric carefully sets the table with plates.

Linkly looks curiously over her shoulder at the Zora, where a red feather swings from the left ear. The hylian notices how the blue Zora also has a skirt made in leather and how he has a diagonal belt over the shoulder and around the back to the stomach and up to the shoulder again.

" He is the blacksmith here..." Siri adds in case that would trigger any memory.

Linkly starts humming thoughtfully when Cedric's hand accidentally hits the vase on the middle of the table, where it falls down with water pouring out across the table.
" Oh no... Not again..." The Zora complains. He earns a groan from Siri, where she starts helping him to clean up the mess.

Seeing the accident where the Zora admits he usually makes similar mistakes like that, trigger something in Linkly's head.

At first, it's a memory where Linkly harmed himself on a sharp weapon in Cedric's store. And how the blacksmith starts helping him to put pressure on his bleeding palm...
Linkly remembers how dirty the so-called white cloth was. The one Cedric used on his wound. He could already imagine how he would get an infection by that...
Then he remembers how Cedric wanted to clean the same wound with water... But... Since Linkly started talking about Siri, the Zora Cedric was really in love with, Cedric accidentally took oil instead of water. And poured the oil on Linkly's wound...
It really was a disaster...

Then, another memory passes his mind. The one where Cedric started panicking of being around Siri and started eating the food who was for the small fries in Sidon's private pool in his bedroom.

Most part of the memories who come back to him make him snicker. Especially the ones where Cedric got clumsy and awkward.
But... The memories where the three fries were a part of... Make his heart pound in pain.
'Cause of the war where he got harmed and therefore putted in coma to survive, he missed seeing the fries growing up. The one who he was supposed to be a parent for. With Sidon by his side.

With a sad look, he instinctively places a hand on the side of the stomach.
If... And only if... If he somehow survives giving birth to the child, he will make sure not to miss a day of the child's life.

*** Later that day ***

Despite no one have not showed him where the prince's bedroom is, it's like his feet remember. 'Cause he somehow ends up outside the room.
The two guards outside the door smile hopefully at him.
" Good evening, Link..." one of them greets and startled him where his eyes look up at him.
The Zora nods.
" The prince is inside... I'm sure he will be happy to see you..."

Linkly starts blushing. It starts feeling as he tries to sneak into the prince's bedroom without any invitation. Like he has dirty intentions...
" I ... Ehm..." he shyly squirms where he starts asking himself if he should maybe walk away.
He halts his nervous movements, where he inhales deeply and sighs.
"... Oh-kay..." he smiles widely to the guard and nods.
Then he knocks at the door.

It takes a while, but soon, he can hear heavy footsteps approaching the door from the other side.
The door starts slowly to open.
"... Pardon me... But may I ask you to come back tomorrow if it's not important -..." The prince begs when he suddenly notices Linkly. The voice dies out, and he blinks, surprised by seeing the hylian.

Linkly tilts the head to the side while Sidon stares shocked at him.
"... I-it's-s N-n-ot a g-oo-d... Time?" He stutters and hates how he still can't control the voice yet. He shouldn't have been lazy when he was around Link and only spoken through the mind.