ch 40; The final battle

'

It's both fascinating but, at the same time, terrifying... Like how many times, Demise gets stabbed without dying.
Dark blood is running down along dark skin. Smearing around as thick as oil and dropping down at the grassy ground as smooth as water.

The worst wounds are caused by the master sword. Since it seems as if those wounds won't heal and cause a lot of blood to keep coming out from them.

Demise is staring in the same hate at everyone, except for Link. It's like where is something painful behind those angry eyes. Like a heartbreak. If that's even possible...

Link doesn't even bother to look him in the eyes. Instead, he prepared himself to attack him again.
The hylian was about to move forward when Ganondorf used light magic from aside and caused the demon to burst out in a loud and painful cry.
Link relaxes the muscles and gets a weird feeling inside of him. Like, the current battle is now over.

The second when the magic attack is over, Demise slumps down with a blank expression on the face. Even the eyes look rather dull, as if he wasn't present. An empty shell without a soul inside.

Link shudders.
It kind of feels as if the demon king is dead... But, he can still feel a present from him. Although it might be very small.

Ganondorf looks over at Link with the gaze passing Demise.
" KILL HIM... LINK, DO THE FINAL ATTACK WITH THAT SWORD!" He shouts.

Link looks confused back at him.
" What?..." he says in a rather low voice.

Ganondorf inhales deeply to repeat the first part about killing Demise.
But, he doesn't get the chance to form the words again before something starts happening.
Demise's body starts dissolving its human form and creating his former creature form. Black mist is surrounding him and makes everyone gasp.

The ground starts shaking violently while the lightnings stop striking from above.
The violent quakes cause Sidon to lose footing and make him fall.

Link and Linkly stumbled around to prevent themselves from falling, while Ganondorf stood steadily on the ground.

A moment later, the frequent quakes stop, and the huge creature growls loudly.

Link blinks in confusion.
"... Eh? What happened with him?" He mumbles and didn't notice Ganondorf reached him and the others.

"... He has lost too much energy and needed to get back to this simple lifeform... If we don't stop him now, he will cause pure chaos ..." Ganondorf explains and doesn't bother to look at him. Instead, he stares up at the monster with pinecone looking scales.
They might only be able to hurt the monster on its toes and its forehead. So, attacking it somewhere else would be pointless. And if they did, where is a risk their weapons might break. Something they can't risk at a time like this.

The Gerudo man takes out the small stake Midna brought and looks askingly down at it. He would rather kill that thing than imprison it. 'Cause it's not a guarantee the seal will remain. And, he doesn't want to push this problem to the future. But... If they can't kill the creature, then he doesn't have another choice than imprison it.

Ganondorf looks up at the others.
"... I need you to bring that monster down on the ground... Then, I will imprison it with this stake if the master sword can't kill the thing..." he tells them and gives Link an asking look.
"... Are we clear with our goal?" He asks since he has noticed Link isn't himself.

Link and the others nod.
Ganondorf clears the throat and looks back up at the creature who has started walking. Each step causes a new quake.
" Good... Cause we don't have the luxury for any mistake..." he says.