ch 36; Two kind of betrayals

'

Link sits on the double king-sized bed where the moonlight comes through the vaults in the bedroom. Dressed in a white long-sleeved tunic and the boxers.
He turns the left arm from left to right a few times while looking down at the heavy and broad bracelet with weird symbols on its silver surface. The other wrist has a matching bracelet.
These bracelets are preventing him from leaving the castle by teleporting.
He sighs and looks up where the eyes are looking out through one of the vaults. Even though the night sky seems peaceful, he knew that the weird light from the lower part of the sky is another village that is set on fire. Within a few weeks has the army of the death caused a carnage in the Calatia region... And, Link has failed his role as its hero.
It seems as if the dark part of himself wasn't cured while traveling with Linkly. It wasn't enough to be around with someone who never put himself before others.
Since the darkness in him is still lurking around.

And now... He is even wondering if he was even a hero from the start. Maybe... Maybe he only did those heroic things due to selfishness? Doing things that would gain him in the end.

Perhaps he wouldn't even bother to save Hyrule if he didn't need to save his own mother and his husband... Yeah... That might be the awful truth. He is a selfish prick that only causes more damage than good.

Now... He even starts thinking that he might prefer Demise with a dark heart than Ganondorf with a good heart. At least next to Demise, he will never feel as unholy. While standing next to Ganondorf, his dark side will be so obvious.

Link slides the feet closer to him with bended legs.
He sighs and wraps the arms around the legs.
" I'm so damn tired of everything..." he mumbles while a shriek from a screaming woman echoes up through the stairs and to the bedroom.
He stiffened.
The heart starts pounding anxiously, and the dreadful scream makes him put the hands over the pointy ears.
Perhaps he won't feel more bad about leaving the villagers to their fate if he keeps their screaming out from his ears.
He shudders and grits the teeth.
A while later, the dreadful scream finally reached its end. But... The sound of the woman's loud scream is still ringing in the ears.

" Shut up... Shut up..." he mumbles and starts tilting forward and backward with the back. The hands are still pressing over the ears.
"... Shut up... Shut up..." he keeps rambling until a cold hand touches his shoulder.

He gasps and snaps the eyes widely open where he sits upright and lowers the hands.
The bewildered hylian looks up at the twili man, who stands next to the bed and looks worried down at him.

"Z-zant?" Link blushes and stares at him as he was seeing a ghost.

The twili man seems somewhat... Sad?
"... Why are you staying when the sounds of the tortured humans put you in such a distress..." he starts asking when Link holds the arms up to tell him about the bracelets.
" The brac -..."
Zant inhales deeply.
"... Those magical tools are only preventing you from teleporting and getting your friends directly into the base of your enemy... They don't keep you here... If you want, I will turn a blind eye and let you sneak out from the castle... I... Don't want to see you broken down... "

Link parts the lips slowly while staring in surprise at him. This might be the first time that he sees something else than a manic in Zant. Now, he seems rather sympathetic. Like he really cares about him.
Perhaps Zant really does have feelings for him?!
His heart starts pounding a bit faster, where its beats seem healing the distress piece for piece.

" Z-zant... I..." he says while looking at the twili man from another light. The eyes have a melted look over them, and the cheeks get a hint of pink.
Even the broken porcelain mask by the side of the face where Ganondorf's sword hitted him makes Zant look kind of... Pretty?