ch 31; The twilight mirror

'

The two guards outside the town by the gate give Link a smile in respect.
"Oh, you are the voe who punished the other voe... The one who has caused us, and many other women, a lot of trouble around here..." The first guard points out.

The second guard nods.
" We are very grateful for your help. For a while, we were thinking about building a prison outside the walls just for him... But, hopefully, that won't be necessary. Now when you gave him what he deserved ..."

Link nods.
" I hope that creep will only be a fading nightmare you won't get bothered by again..." he says and inhales deeply. Nervous that the guards might deny him to enter.
" Now..." he exhales and get them to grunt asking.
He puts a smile on the lips.
"... Can I ask a favor of you? I would really appreciate it if you told the princess I'm back from my mission and need to gain permission to enter the town..."

The guards drop their smiles in surprise.
They start eyeing Link and know how much the women in the dating class would love to meet him. Not only does he look strong. He is also really handsome and seems to be a guy with a good heart.
But... The law says that voes can't enter the town unless he is born as a Gerudo male. Only then, he could enter the town.
So... Despite they wouldn't mind seeing between the fingers, the law is still the law.
Not only that, the Gerudo culture also says that girls in a certain age aren't allowed to be around voes. So, it would be rather wrong of them to let him inside.

The first guard starts shaking the head when the second guard remembered that Link mentioned something about a mission. A mission from the princess herself?
" I'm sorry, but..." The first guard starts saying.
"... Wait... What mission? Has the princess sent you on a mission on her behalf?" The second guard interrupts.

At first, Link started to feel down due to the rejection. But, the hope starts getting up again when the second guard asked about the mission.
He nods.
" Yes... Princess Riju wanted to help me get ahold of an old friend of mine... So, she asked me to get back the mirror shard your former chief brought over to Death Mountain. So, I need to get to the throne room where the twilight mirror is. Hyrule and Calatia need all the help they can get. And I know that my friend from the Twilight Realm is the right person to do that..." he explains.

The guards look shocked from the information.
The first guard clears her throat.
"... The former chief?... Are you perhaps talking about Lady Urbosa?" She asks and gets a nod from Link.
She gives the other guard a side-look.

The second guard looks asking at Link.
"... Can you please prove it by showing the shard to us?"

Link takes the bag off of him, where he kneels down and starts searching through the bag.
The somewhat excited guards keep their eyes on him.
The moment when he holds up the shard against them, they wide the eyes in surprise.
" Here... I have the lost shard. Can I please meet the princess now? Tell her, Link, the one who helped her with the divine beast is back..."

The news about he was the one to help Riju with Vah Naboris, startled them. For each moment, he gets more and more fascinating.
The second guard nods.
"... I will tell the princess... Please, wait here until we say otherwise..." she gulps and enters the town where she walks over to the castle.

***

It takes a while, but the second guard gets finally back, where a group of guards followed her to the gate.
The captain of the gerudo guards narrows the eyes at him.
"... Don't make any sudden movement, and follow us... And we will take you to the princess..." The captain tells him and turns around with a low scoff.

Link raises an eyebrow over her cold encounter, but he shrugs it off and starts following her with careful steps. The other guards who came along with the captain start surrounding him from all sides to prevent him from running away.