ch 18; flight range, the test

Link looks asking at Teba.
"So?-... You want us to jump out, against the chasm, and shoot five targets, in less three minutes, in midair?"
The white feathered Rito nods.
"Yes... And the one of you or your brother, who win, will assist me, in the fight against Vah Medoh..." he answers.
Linkly looks a slightly nervous down, there they are supposed to take the test. He couldn't even see the bottom, it's like a bottomless hole, with fog covering the 'maybe ground'. Making it a bit scarier...If they fall... Will they ever reach the bottom?!

Link raises an eyebrow.
"And if any of us falls?" He asks doubtfully and crosses the arms.
Teba shrugs.
"Then I will simply save you, and put you down on solid ground..." The Rito explains, and tilts the head.
"... Or, are you afraid of heights?" he asks seriously.
Link grits the teeth, and takes it as Teba made fun of him. Which wasn't Teba's intentions.
"Of course I'm not-..." Link scoffs.
"I will start, and make sure the test is safe..." he adds.
He really doesn't want Linkly to, either take the test or fight Vah Medoh.
But since he doesn't want to hurt Linkly's feelings again, he will make sure to win the test. So Linkly won't be chosen for the battle against Vah Medoh.

Teba looks confused at Link. But thinks the hylian is only protective of his brother.
The Rito nods.
"I suggest you're using Bomb arrows for the test... If you don't have any, I will give you some"
Link nods.
"Perfect-... And I would like to get some"
Teba points against the hut.
"The arrows are in the hut-... Take as many you need" he tells Link, and follows him for a few seconds with the eyes, when Link walks toward the hut.
The rito pulls the eyes off him and turns the face toward Linkly, who still looks at the flinge range.
" You know-... he starts saying and walks toward Linkly, who jolts when he heard approaching footsteps.
Linkly turns toward him.
The Rito inhales deeply and rubs the backhead with the wing.
"... If you don't want to take the test... You don't need to... Like I said, I can only carry one person at the time, during battle... And if your brother finishes the test without any problem... I can always choose him, even if you haven't done the test yet..." he tells him in concern, since Linkly seems kinda nervous over the test.
And if Teba would be honest, Link seems much stronger than Linkly. A better warrior.
A better choice for the battle against Vah Medoh, even though Linkly looks easier to carry...

Linkly parts the lips with increased heartbeats.
Even if he might feels a little dizzy right now, he doesn't want to step aside. And let Link, take care of everything. Again.
The smaller hylian shakes the head.
Teba raises an eyebrow.
"So, you will still do the test?"
Linkly lips curl upward into a crooked smile.
The hylian gives him a thumb up.
The bewildered Rito looks curiously at him.
"May I ask you-..."
Linkly tilts the head asking.
The Rito swallows hardly.
"You are mute, aren't you?"
Linkly starts thinking about the question. He can say few things. And since he can do that, doesn't it mean, he isn't mute? Only voiceless for some weird reason?
The hylian shrugs.
The Rito looks confused at him. Thinking it's weird, if Linkly doesn't know if he is mute or not.

The moment Teba hears footsteps approaching them, he turns around and looks at Link.
Yes, if he could choose one to win, he would rather have Link.
The muscular hylian looks strong, and he isn't even affected by the cold. Which is weird since he doesn't has any feathers or even a jacket on him.
"Are you ready for the test?"
Link grins.
" I am-..."

***
Link runs toward the edge of the snowy ground, then he throws himself toward the chasm.
The moment he pulled out the paraglider and the upward gust from an updraft, pushes him upward, it feels as air pushes out from the lungs in surprise.
The hylian with part wolf in his blood, looks around on the cliffs.
There are many targets. At least twenty of them.
He smirks.
Shooting five targets withing three minutes, wouldn't be any problem.
It would be a piece of cake.
Link takes the paraglider down, when he is high enough.
Then he pulls the bow out and one bomb arrow.
He pulls the string on the bow and narrows the eyes to aim at the first target.
For some reason, it feels as he is falling slowly down.
As the time has slowing down, when he is aiming with the bow in midair.