ch 39; Encounters in the forest

'

At first, Zant tried teleporting them both away, but it seems as if Link's broad, metallic bracelets prevent that. Even though it isn't Link's power being used to teleport.
So, they are leaving by foot.

Zant is limping through the crowd of warriors with Link holding his arm.
They are heading toward the sparsely forest. A place to hide between the trees while getting away from the battle.

When they have reached the outer forest and are about to enter, Zant looks askingly at him.
"... Why, me?... I mean... After everything I have done to you..." The twili man asks bewildered. It feels like a dream, a fairy tale where the handsome prince chose him.

Link gives him a wary smile.
"... I... I'm not sure... But, I see something in you... Something that reminds me about myself... Neither of us is perfect... But, I see something beautiful in you... Something I'm curious to learn more about... A-and... I'm tired to always see you as the culprit in my nightmares... I don't want to fear the shadows any longer..." The hylian admits and starts blushing a little and puts some color on the otherwise pale skin.

Zant exhales slowly.
" Link..." he mumbles under the breath and hates himself for the taunting he caused the other for so long.
How could he damage someone beautiful as Link... Hopefully, he will get the chance to repair that damage from now on.

***

Demise gives Ganondorf a hard kick on the stomach and causes the man to hit the wall with the back.
Part of the wall breaks apart where stones get scattered while some of them turn into dust.
Ganondorf grunted loudly and lost the breath partly during a few seconds.

The demon looks over the wall and down against the ocean of bodies. The demonic eyes are searching for Link.
When he sees Link heading toward the forest with Zant, he grits the teeth and starts trembling in anger.
"... It seems as if I have someone to teach a lesson..." he mutters silently and clenches the hand while leaving the balcony to catch up with them.

***

The lightnings make the trees throw shadows in the forest.
Link and Zant was about to turn left in the forest when a lightning hit a tree and caused a fire to spread around that area.
The hylian gasps before he and the twili man turn right instead.

Neither of them have noticed yet that Demise is chasing them from behind.

The heavy feeling Link has been feeling lately starts slightly to fade the farther away he gets from the castle. Perhaps everything will turn out pretty well if he only gets to a new place?!

But, the moment when the lips start tugging upward, he notices how his hold of Zant's arm gets untangled. Like the twili man is slipping away.

The hylian grunts askingly and starts to turn around when he hears the angry voice from behind.

"DON'T YOU DARE STEALING WHAT IS MINE!" Demise growls and clenches the hand around Zant's throat and holding him up in the air.

Link wides the eyes while Zant squirms like a worm on the bait.
His limbs get frozen.
" No..." he mumbles silently and can't believe he might see someone else he cares about to die in front of his eyes.
It's like an endless circle of same nightmare that is playing in repeat. But with new characters.

Zant tries peeling Demise's fingers from his throat while he takes shaky and gurgling breathing.
"... You... Guh- ... Don't... Understand..."

Demise gives him a disgusted and disapproval look.
"... NO!.. You are the one who doesn't understand..." he snorts and gets a tighter hold of the twili man's throat.