ch 1; the beginning

'

The surroundings are covered in a total darkness. Like a mist. And no matter how far you run, there won't be an exist from the odd mist. Only more darkness.

A dark gray- and white furred wolf wakes up in the middle of nowhere.
The animal looks confused around with his blue eyes.
Then he looks bewildered down on his hands... Wait -... Paws!
It seems he once again has been transformed into a wolf without his own will.... But why?
And more importantly... Where is he? And how did he even end up here in the first place? If he doesn't remember wrongly, he was out and tried to find his missing husband.
So, why did he end up here?

Since his eyes can only see darkness, he thinks he might be in the twilight realm.
" Midna?... Are you here?" He asks through the mind and tries using his senses to feel her. But nothing... The former imp who helped him to save Calatia from Ganondorf's and Zant's evil scheme isn't responding.
And it also seems no one else is here... This means he is alone. Trapped in nothing than just darkness.

The wolf swallows hardly and tries pressing down the incoming panic.
" HELLOOOO?!" He howls and starts running forward where an uneasy feeling is grasping him.
The heart pounds anxiety behind the furry chest.
" WHERE AM I-I -I...." he shouts loudly through the mind while the paws barely touch the ground before they bounce back up.
No matter how fast and far he runs, it seems he doesn't get anywhere. Like he was running on a treadmill. Running and running. Without getting somewhere.

Even though he knows it's in vain, he still runs forward in pure despair. Desperately hoping that something will happen. Like a light who will guide him out from his misery.
Or at least a monster he could kill and hopefully trigging something.  There, the thick mist would dissolve and let him leave.
Something... Just something would be great... Not this endless darkness who seems not reaching any end.

The wolf pants loudly and starts getting exhausted. The steps start halting down until he can't take any more steps forward.
The wolf starts wiggling from side to side until his body can't stay up.
The tired body thuds down at the cold ground.
"... Help..." The wolf whimpers where his eyelids start falling down. The last thought before losing consciousness was about his hometown, the ordon village.
He isn't noticing how the body starts dissolving piece by piece. Taking him out from the weird place.

***

A cold breeze runs through sandy blonde strands of hair.
The naked man grunts and starts slowly to open the eyes. Thinking how strange it is, how it suddenly feels cold.
The muscular man blinks surprised from seeing his hometown where he grew up. Ordon village.
At first, he thinks it's strange with the odd silence. Usually, the village was filled with laughter and cheerful talking. But now... Nothing. Even the birds seem weirdly silent today.

The second when he sees concrete statues, which reminds him about the humans in the village, he gasps and gets up on the feet.
"WHAT?...- " he bursts out and shudders with increased heartbeats.
He gets an awful feeling...
The fear of seeing the truth in the eye makes him forget about his current situation where he isn't clothed.
The hylian walks a bit hesitantly toward the horse statue where a statue of a girl stands next to it.

Link swallows several times and starts getting sweaty palms.
Despite he already knows the truth, he still wishes to get proven wrong.
"... Please... Not her..." he mumbles while approaching the statues.
The nervous hylian walks around the horse to get a better look at the girl.

When he sees her frozen face, he stiffened.
Then he inhales sharply and flinches a little where the eyes widened from the awful sight. He knew it... It was his childhood friend!
" ILIA?!" He gasps terrified with goosebumps forming all over the body.