ch 19; Vah Medoh

Teba's plan to take down Vah Medoh's four canons was; Link would shoot them down in midair, while Teba was distracting the divine beast.
Everything worked out well with three canons.
Teba dropped Link in the air, where he could aim at the canon. While Teba flies away to trick Vah Medoh to pay attention on him, instead at Link.
That worked excellent until the last canon, where Vah Medoh managed to hit Teba.
With a hurted leg, the Rito leaves Link to take care of the rest. Taking the control back from whatever curse the divine beast has gotten.

Link walks inside the divine beast and gets the feeling, he is being watched.
His blue eyes are moving around and tries pinpoint the person or thing, that might watch him from the shadows.
The hero walks inside a room with weird stairs in the ceiling and on the ground, even on the walls.
He was about to raise an asking brow, when the bird alike divine beast, suddenly starts tilting to the side.
The hylian gasps shocked and stumbles a little to the left side. Almost losing balance 'Cause of the sudden tilting of the room.
When he tries finding balance again, while the room turns around, his eyes pass a dark figure, hiding behind one of the stairs. Exposed 'Cause the room is changing due the divine beast tilts.
Link wides the eyes. Zant?
He looks back to the place where he thinks he saw him.
But only a fading mist was left, who soon vanished.
Link grits the teeth and places a hand on the sword.
"ZANT! IF YOU ARE HERE... STOP BEING A COWARD AND SHOW YOURSELF!!!" He shouts and tries listening if he could hear any sound.

When the room has turned until the left wall was the floor instead, Link could hear coughing sounds behind him.
The hylian flinched around, and wides the eyes shocked when he sees Linkly on all fours. Looking awfully pale and coughes, where blood splashes on the ground.
Link inhales gasping, and runs toward the other hylian.
"Linkly?... What are you doing here? How did you even come-..." he asks worried and kneels down, next him.
The pale hylian stops coughing and turns his head toward Link. Staring at him, with his empty eyes.
Link flinched away from him and inhales sharply.
"L-linkly?" He gulps.
The lifeless doll alike Linkly stands up and looks at Link with tilted head.
"Alone-... I'm always left behind... With worries about my past and my health..."
Link's heart skips a beat, and he grunts confused.
The 'voice' he could hear, didn't quiet sounds as Linkly's.
But despite that, he feels a slightly guilty.
The pain he must cause Linkly, when he leaves him behind.
Only 'Cause he doesn't want Linkly in dangers.
The memories of his friends from Ordon village, keep haunting him.
How the children got kidnapped and putted in danger.
How Illia lost her memories, due the nightmares she was enduring in days and weeks.
She never told him, what happened during that time. But he gets the feeling it was things he'd never wished his enemies to endure.

"Why Link?-... Why are you doing that to me?... I thought you liked me"
Link flinches, where he grits the teeth while trembling.
"Do you hate me?"
Link inhales deeply.
"NO I DON'T!... I only try to keep you safe... If I hadn't even cared about you... I wouldn't do my best to keep you away from danger... But since I care, I don't want you to get hurted!" He groans.
Linkly gets silent, and stares at him with eyes without any life or reflection in them. Dull eyes without any end in them.
Link pants loudly and gets the feeling in the backhead, he is being tricked. But despite that, he couldn't stop the emotions.
The moment Linkly coughes out blood who splashes out on the floor. And then on Linkly's palm since he tries covering the mouth. Link jolts with increased heartbeats.
Linkly looks at him and shows him the bloody hand.
" No matter what-... You are already killing me... I'm dying. Don't you see?"

Link exhales shakily and couldn't stop staring at the bloody hand.
"I'm sorry..." he says in low voice.
"It's too late with apologies-... You have already failed me..." Linkly tells him, before jerking in pain.
Link gasps, and stands up in hurry.
While Linkly starts falling backward, Link runs toward him.
"NOo-..." The muscular hylian says and starts wrapping the arms around him.
He had almost embraced him, when Linkly dissolves into smoke, and then into nothing. Just thin air.
"Eh?..." Link's heart pounds loudly and he looks confused at the arms, where he held Linkly, few seconds ago.
He knew it would be a trick, despite that, he couldn't stop himself to believe. Believe Linkly was here.

Suddenly he could feel someone leaning over him, from behind. With its head over his right shoulder.
The shocked hylian glances toward the side, seeing a familiar white, porcelain mask.
Link wides the eyes.
Bright yellow eyes are staring at him, while the creature hisses in a low and creepy sound.
"You might living in the lights... But I as a creature of the dark, will roaming in the shadows, and keeping my eyes on you and your brother... Every step you take, I will follow with the eyes... And everything you do to stop the darkness, will come back at you..." Zant tells him in creepy voice, then he brushes the hands over Link's chest and stomach.
Link swallows hardly.
Zant turns the head a little, and places the mouth next Link's ear.
"Your-..." Zant starts whispering and makes Link's ear to twitch.
"-brother will pay... If you keep interrupting my plans..."

Link grits the teeth, and flinches, where he pulls out the sword and swings it, while turning around.
Zant disappeared a few seconds, until he pops up in the door frame to the stairs in the now, ceiling.
The hylian turns toward the door frame and tilts the head up, to look at him, with low growling in the throat.
Despite the enemy behaves as he wasn't hitted, Link could see how the dark clothes, was a little torn by the waist.
Link furrows the eyebrows in anger and starts trembling while staring at him.
"COME BACK DOWN, YOUR COWARD!" He barks.
Zant scoffs.
"Now you know, the consequences of your actions..." Zant says and teleports away.
Link jerks forward.
"ZAAAANT!!!... COME BACK!... " he shouts loudly and tries spotting him in the room.
But no matter how much he turns around, and looks around.
He couldn't find him.
Zant was gone...

Link breathes loudly, and kneels down where he slams his fists on the ground.
"DAMN IT!" He shouts, and couldn't believe, Zant will take out his anger on Linkly, if Link keeps interrupting his plans.
How is he supposed to protect Linkly, when Zant can pop up at any time?

***
Even though, he wasn't very excited to help the Ritos, with taking the control back on Vah Medoh.
He does that he thinks, is the right thing.
He walks through the divine beast until he comes up to its back, on outside.
Like in Vah Ruta, the monstrous boss in Vah Medoh, looks kinda familiar. Or feels familiar, might be a better description.

The Windblight Ganon was an easy match, by mostly using the updrafts with the paraglider, and then shooting at him with bomb arrows.
Soon, the creature born in darkness, shrieks loudly while jerking.
With a last death scream, he dies and turns into a pond of slime.
Which disappeared, as he had never existed at all.

Link exhales and puts the sword back, in its sheath.
When he turns around, he sees the spirit of Revali.
The Rito exhales smirking, and crosses the wings.
"Not only is there one Link-... But it seems there is a second one as well... It might has been my luck, to only get knowing, one of you... Two would had been a nightmare..." Revali jokes, teasingly.
Link scoffs.
"I assume you are Revali?"
The rito nods.
"The one and only... I have something to tell you, that might help two of your problems..."
Link raises an eyebrow.
"And it would be?"
Revali points toward a direction, with the wing.
"The next stop, you and Link should take... Should be Gerudo town... "
"And how would Gerudo town help us?" Link crosses the arms.
The former champion, grins.
"The warriors in that town, might have the equipments to take care of Linkly's bad condition... And I have also heard rumors about a certain mirror-..."
Link flinches.
"Wait?-... Are you talking about, the mirror of twilight?"
Revali shrugs.
"That's up to you, to find out... " Revali glances down toward the Rito village. Thinking about Linkly.
"Can you?-..."
Link looks asking at him.
Revali sighs and looks back at him.
"Never mind... I'm sure he remembers me and know, what I wanted to tell him..." he smiles. Too proud to let Linkly know about his feelings. Even in his death.

The dark blue feathered Rito inhales deeply.
"I will now, give you a gift to make your journey easier..." he tells Link.
Soon a white ball of light, comes out from Revali's chest.
The rito pushes the ball toward Link, where it absorbed into his chest.
The hylian gasps and could feel something change inside him.
It feels as a gust of wind, running through his veins, and then out through the pores. There the wind lifts him up a slightly.

Revali chuckles.
" I have now, blessed you with my wind... Now you don't need any updraft to fly up to the sky... Instead you can use my wind... " The rito explains and turns around, while Link stares shocked at himself.
"I don't have anything else to say... Good luck, 'Cause you'd need any luck you can get..." Revali adds while walking away.
Link jolts and looks at him.
The spirit of Revali, stops walking for a moment and looks over the shoulder.
"Right-... Don't worry... The day when you and Link, will attack hyrule castle, and the darkness roaming there... I will support you from here... Vah Medoh and I, will be ready... So, don't disappoint us" he adds.
Link nods.
"You haven't anything to worry about..."
Revali clicks the tongue and walks away.
"Great-..."