ch 2; It's unfair!

'

It really annoys Dark when everyone seems to keep an eye on him.
And, how his father tries to convince him that the arranged marriage is the right choice.

The young hylian grunts loudly and leans backward on the seat by the long table in the private room they are dining sometimes. They are usually eating in the shared dining room with the other zoras. But, sometimes, they are spending the meal within the family.
" It's unfair... I'm seventeen years old and a guy while my cousin is younger than me and a GIRL!... Despite that, she is allowed to travel around the country...  That's so damn unfair!" He growls from the injustice.

Sidon looks rather pissed and tired to hear his constant complaining about not being allowed to leave the domain. While Linkly gives Dark a pitying look.
The Zora king shakes the head and puts the cutlery down on the side of the plate with half eaten Hyrule bass.
"... And... As you should be very aware of, Linkle isn't traveling alone. She is traveling together with her father... So, your argument about the injustice doesn't hold up..." he mutters and wipes the blue napkin over the lips.

Dark gets lost on words for a brief moment, where he clears the throat while looking around the table. He tries to avoid looking at Zion. So, he looks back and forth between Linkly and Sidon.
" T-then... One of you two can travel with me... Right?" He swallows hardly and tries desperately to find a solution.

Sidon shakes the head and lowers the napkin, where he carefully places it down on the table next to the plate.
" No... As the king, I don't have the time to travel around the country... And, your other dad doesn't have the time either..." he tells him before Linkly gets the chance to respond.

Dark raises an eyebrow and glances swiftly at Linkly before he looks back at Sidon.
" Why, not?"

Sidon seems rather bothered by the question.
"... 'Cause he is supposed to attend my daughter's marriage in Calatia region... And needs time to prepare for the travel and get to King Ralis' domain..."

Dark brights happily up with increased hope.
" THEN I CAN GO WITH HIM TO CALATIA REGION!" He suggests with increased heartbeats, where each beat pounds hopefully to join the journey.

Sidon glares, annoyed at him.
" Absolutely not... You can travel with Zion when you are married..."

Linkly looks carefully at him.
"... I wouldn't mind his company... Why can't he -..." he asks softly and gets an annoyed side-look from his husband.

" And risking Dark won't come back home?... Absolutely not... I'm the king, and he should follow my orders..." Sidon protests.

Dark grits the teeth and starts feeling very frustrated over the situation.
How his father is treating him as a child or as a prisoner. Someone without the right to choose his own path.
The eyes glow more intensely in red, while the skin looks a bit grayer than usual.

The table starts shaking violently, where the plates and glasses rattle with the water twirling inside of the glasses.

Everyone, except Dark, gasped from the random quake.
The young hylian stares empty at the edge of the table in front of him, with the mind somewhere else. A place without images, only a lot of mixed feelings.

Linkly looks worried at his son.
"D-dark?" He says during the quake.

The short question gets Dark's attention, and he looks gasping up at him. And, the random quake stops abruptly the second when Dark snapped out from his thoughts.
"Y-yeah?..." he asks while the water inside of the glasses calms down, and his ashy skin turns more pale again. Even the eyes get back to normal.

Linkly exhales slowly with slightly parted lips. That was a weird experience.
" Ehm..." he clears the throat.
"... Nothing..." he adds and furrows the eyebrows thoughtfully.

Dark starts feeling tired and gets up from the chair.
" Then... I will get back to my room... Since someone doesn't want to listen..." he says and gives Sidon a look.

The Zora king narrows the eyes.
" And maybe you should stay there until you can behave..." he replied back and wasn't in any good mood.

Dark rolls the eyes while walking out from the room.
"... Whatever... "

***

Dark tosses and turns in the bed. He didn't even care about changing out of his black tunic and the rest of his clothes. Instead, he threw himself on the bed and tried falling asleep.

The hylian is between wakefulness and sleep when he thinks about the time when he and Zion were walking around the mountains. If he was only a bit clever back then, he should have left the domain on that day.
At least, he wouldn't be trapped now with the knights and the rest of the family keeping an eye on him.

A vivid image of the sparsely flower field on top of the hill starts appearing in his mind. And, a few seconds later, he could swear his half asleep brain is picking up the scent of the flowers and the cold grass from its ground.

The body starts feeling a bit cold, and he grunts in confusion that the bed feels rather hard. He tries pulling the blanket over him, and he gets confused when he notices his hand can't find it.
The hylian sits slowly up and opens the eyes.
The first thing he notices is the starry night sky.
" What?..." he blinks at the sight and looks down at the ground with the flower field around him.

Dark raises his eyebrows and can't believe he somehow ends up outside  the domain.
He stands up and looks around. Could it be a dream?
He pinches the arm on himself, and a small pain starts spreading around that area. Yup... He is awake. It's not a dream, and he has managed to get outside the domain without anyone stopping him.

When he understands the perfect opportunity, he brights up in a wide smile, and the heart pounds excitedly behind the chest.
"... Finally..." he exhales.
It really sucks that he didn't get his backpack with him. But, he can at least leave the domain and find his purpose in life.

Dark stares at the domain a short while to say goodbye. And around five minutes later, he turns the back to the domain and starts walking to reach another part of the country.
He might miss his family, but... He doesn't belong there anymore. That part of his life is over.
Now, he needs to start a new chapter.

The hylian walks away and doesn't notice how mud starts slowly splashing down from the sky and over the domain. There, the domain would be covered in mud any day and causing a lot of problems for its people.

No, Dark was already dreaming about his adventures and didn't notice the mud at all. The domain was out of his head right now. And, he won't bother to come back in any day soon.

,