ch 2; the naked man

'

The day is already over, where the moon is shining brightly from the night sky.
It's time for sleep, but due to the cold, Link can't fall asleep. Instead, he is shaking like a leaf where he is desperately curled up. Almost like a ball.
Even though he started a campfire earlier, the ground underneath him is still very cold and penetrates his clothes. Reaching his bones. Causing him to chatter teeth.

The wolf's ear flinches a few times from the sound of the hylian's panting due to the cold. At last, he sighs and looks up from the ground where he starts eyeing the shivering hylian.
At first, he is hesitating.  But a short moment later, he sighs again.
" You can lie next to me if you are freezing... My fur is warm and soft. It will keep you warm through the night..."

Link jolts gasping, where he a few seconds halt every movement he made since he was freezing.
The thought of cuddling the wolf and embracing his warm coat sounds very inviting. So, Link sits up and gives the wolf a nod.
" Uhm..." he says before carefully crawling over to the other side of the campfire to reach him.
The hylian looks a bit asking at the wolf when he is next to him. As he thought the wolf would change his mind.
The wolf rolls his blue eyes and looks away from him.
Link swallows hardly and starts shifting on the ground to get down in a laying position.
When he is lying down on the side with the front toward the wolf, he cuddles closer, where the hands grasp gently on the fur.
The soft coat surprised him.
"Oh? -... The fur is really soft, as he said... I like it..." he thinks without knowing the wolf could hear every single thought.

The wolf sighs and puts the head back down on the ground between his paws. Maybe he can get a chance to fall asleep when Link isn't trembling so loudly any longer?!

The hylian smiles widely where he giggling rubs the face at the black and white coat.
"This isn't stupid...  Maybe I will even get used to this~..."

The wolf scoffs.
"... It's late... So, save your energy and get some sleep. You might need that energy tomorrow..."

Link gets so surprised that he stopped giggling right away.
He exhales a bit shakily.
Then he nods where the forehead strokes a little along the coat.
" You are right... Good night, wolfy... I'm happy to have you here..." he thinks while lidding the eyes slowly.

The wolf flinches harshly, so Link snaps the eyes opened again.
" It's not wolfy!... My name is Link... So, don't forget that!" He protests a bit gloomy. Not amused with the weird pet name. Since it makes him feel like a pet.

The slender hylian grunts confused while raising an eyebrow.
" Eh?... But... Don't you think it's confusing if we share the same name?..." he asks.
"... - Wolfy?" He adds teasingly with a grin forming on the lips.

The wolf snorts.
"... Stop calling me that before it gets stuck... But alright then... Then I'm Link while you are..." he hums thoughtfully while eyeing Linkly in the corners of the eyes.
"... Linkly..." he teases back with a smug face.

The hylian starts frowning where a pout starts appearing on the lips instead of the former grin.
" Linkly?..." he asks with an emphasis.
"... Doesn't that sounds very girly? Like it's a girl name?" He adds confused.

The wolf starts chuckling.
"... It's cute... Like you..." he says instead of admitting he gave Link the name since he kinda looks like a girl. Slender, long blonde hair, and narrow shoulders. Even the face looks rather feminine.

The hylian starts blushing even though he doesn't know why.
" Y-you think?"

The wolf's heart pounds a little faster where he hesitantly starts nodding.
" ... Yes..." he sighs.
"... Good night, Linkly" he adds swiftly to change subject.
Then he starts to lid the eyes to fall asleep.