ch 25; Vah Naboris

'

The Gerudo princess looks very delighted when she sees her cousin's helmet.
" You actually managed to get the helmet back! And in such a short time as well!" She bursts out in excitement where she leans forward on the throne with the hands on the armrests.
In a few seconds, she snaps gasping back to her old posture, where she leans awkwardly back and clears the throat to cover her excitement.
"... I am impressed... Now, may I get the helmet?" She smiles with a calmer behavior.

Link gives Linkly a short side-look before he starts walking up through the stairs to reach the throne. The other hylian looks still very bothered by the earlier news of his pregnancy.
The taller hylian hands the helmet over to the obvious excited princess. Seeing how she is struggling to remain serious and not expressing any kind of childish behavior in front of them. Trying to calmly take the helmet carefully and not in any rush.

A thought crosses his mind when she takes the helmet from him. How would the helmet fit her? She looks way too small compared to the helmet. Like a child who would try its mother's shoes for fun.
A short moment later, he gets the answer. It didn't fit. The helmet is too big for her and seems wobbling each time she makes a movement.
Link swallows down a short laugh. And clears the throat with the fist in front of the mouth to cover up the laugh.

Riju looks smiling at him.
"Well?... How do I look?" She asks like a child who wants praise.
Link lowers the fist and shrugs.
"... Beautiful, my princess... So?... About Vah Naboris... Can you tell me something about the divine beast?"
The princess lifts the helmet up a little while tilting the head up to prevent the helmet from falling back down.
" ... Well... Vah Naboris will attack everyone who gets too close... If you aren't careful, you will get zapped by its lightning... And that's why..." she tells and grunts when the helmet slides down again. She adjusts the helmet and smirks at Link.
"...- Why I needed the helmet you brought me... It will protect me from the lightning..." she adds.

Link raises an eyebrow. Not sure how he should feel about it. So, the princess is protected... But, what about him? Is he supposed to be her stupid shield who gets cooked in the attack zone?

The princess notices the confusion and the gloomy look in Link's eyes.
"... So... I will be the distraction to Vah Naboris..." she clicks the tongue.

Link jolts grunting.
" Eh?... Distraction? What are you talking about?" He asks curiously, and the dark look in the eyes vanished right away.

The princess smiles smugly.
" I mean... Since I am protected from its lightning ... It would only be fair if I take the biggest risk where I try to distract Vah Naboris while you safely attack it... I suggest you are attacking its hooves with bomb arrows... And once the divine beast has fallen down to the ground, you should board it... Find the lost mirror piece and make sure Vah Naboris gets back its control from evil..."

Link parts the lips a little where he exhales softly. Feeling how he slowly starts getting some kind of respect for the princess. She might look very young. But she isn't treating others as they are things she could use to her liking.
The hylian nods.
" Deal..."

The princess exhales in relief.
" Good... And since you aren't supposed to be in the town due you are a man... I suggest we meet up outside the walls... South from Gerudo town by the outpost... I will have sand seals ready for us..." she explains and glances down at Linkly, who hasn't made any sound since they entered the throne room.
"... How about him? "

Link flinches where he turns around and looks over the shoulder down at Linkly.
For a brief moment, a dark thought passed his mind. Maybe the parasite inside Linkly's womb would get killed if Linky gets zapped by Vah Naboris? And wouldn't risk his life any longer?!
The hylian shakes the thought away. It's an awful thought... Even though it might save a life. Linkly's life.