ch 22; Kara kara bazaar

"... Woah... I honestly had no idea how much I would hate the heat... I must have forgotten the pain I endured in the desert of Calatia..." Link shakes the head, where the forehead is glistening with sweat.
The hylian who also is partly wolf, keeps panting. Which seems helping a slightly against the heat... Must be a canine thing...
At least Sidon isn't here and can tease him about that!

Linkly swallows hardly and is also panting.
"Uhm -..." he agrees with sweat covering the body.
It also seems his feet and fingers are swelling a little.
Not only that, his stomach has gotten a noticeable bulge you couldn't wave away as something temporarily.
It seems growing a little for each day...

These men keep walking with heavy steps across miles of sand.
There aren't much to see in the desert.
A few cactus'. Few seals here and there... Which is weird... Shouldn't they be in the ocean or something?!
Then there are also a few annoying monsters...
Something they really don't want to encounter in the heat... Just walking and breathing takes their strength... But also fighting?! Gosh... That's really a pain in the ass...

***
When they could see the lovely pond with few trees around, and the tents. They get happy, yet suspicious.
Not sure if the heat is playing a prank on them...

The lingering steps, start increasing in speed the closer they get the pond. Almost running down the hill of sand, there they almost lost footing.

When they are in reach for the water, they start undressing while approaching the pond.
Whooping in pure bliss.
Which caused the people around to stare at them. Shaking their head over the newcomers.

In only trousers and boots, they run into the lukewarm water.
Exhaling in pleasure.
Link dives into the water where he turns around and floats on the surface with the face against the sky.
Linky sits down while exhaling in relief. With water reaching his shoulders.
Finally-... The torture from the sun's bright rays over them, is finally over... Now, they can enjoy the rest of the day.
Hopefully the town isn't far away from here...

An amused goron walks over to them, and stands by the side of the pond.
"... I must say-..." he chuckles.
Link flinches upright where he stands up in the water.
The hylian looks asking at the goron.
The stranger grins.
"... -How you were behaving over the sight of water-... I almost thought two of the fish people had a death wish, and came out here... But it's only hylians..." he shakes the head.
Link raises an eyebrow.
"... " For a brief moment Link asked himself if he should reply on that. But in the end, he couldn't find anything to respond with.
Instead he shrugs and looks asking at his new company.
"Do you perhaps know where we can find the town of Gerudo's?"
The goron grunts surprised.
Then he drops the smile, and nods.
"... I actually do-..."
Link inhales deeply.
"Perfect!-... Then you-..."
The goron crosses the arms.
"But neither of you won't be able to enter the city..." he interrupts him.
Link parts the lips.
"... And-... Why wouldn't we be able to enter the town?"
"... Simply 'Cause men aren't welcome there... Only women-... And we goron men... Since it seems the Gerudo's don't know the difference between women and men when it comes to gorons..." The goron explains.

The news shocked Link... If men can't enter the town, how would they be able to get the necessary help with Linkly's health?... And how would they be able to investigate the possibility of a second mirror to the twilight realm?!
Did they came the whole way over here in vain?
Link grits the teeth in annoyance. They can't give up now... What if Linkly would die due a deadly disease, if he doesn't gets any help from the Gerudo's?
And what if the hyrule would end up like Calatia?-... Doomed for the rest of the time, since their heroes gave up?!

Link scoffs, and looks seriously at the goron.
"... There must be a way to enter the town-... Hyrule needs us, and we can't give up since the Gerudo's forbid men to enter..."
The goron parts the lips for a short moment, then he nods.
"Alright then-... There might be a way to enter..."
Link brights up.
"... Then, tell me..."
The goron shrugs.
"Sadly I can't tell you how-... But I have heard rumors about someone who can tell you..."
Link nods.
"... Whom?"
The goron rubs the hand on the chin where the fingers stroke along the jawline.
"... According the rumors, you can only talk with the person at night... They should be around here... Dressed as a woman-... But with the voice as a man..." he tells him, and lowered the hand.
"... And that's it-... I don't know more than that... If that person really exists or not-...- I can't tell you, since I haven't seen such person around here..."