ch 32; The battle at hyrule castle, pt. 1

'

It's dusk when Link and Midna get to the hyrule castle where the terrifying beast is roaming around in the sky.
The twili woman looks from the dragon alike beast and against Link.
"... I can't separate the good and evil in this form... So, you must first free him from the beast form... I can't see where in his body the secret stone is, though... But maybe you can? It should be formed as a teardrop and glow brightly... If you see it, you need to break it apart to set him free... Until then, I will help you with taking him down to the ground where you can reach him..." she tells him.

Link looks away from the beast and nods against her.
" Sounds like a plan... Let's get started..."

Midna smiles.
Then she inhales sharply and makes a jumping movement where she disappeared. A few seconds later, she reappears by the beast in the sky.
And when the roaring beast sees her and starts flying toward her, she makes a few swift movements with the hands before quickly pressing the palm downward while tilting forward with the body.
Above the beast, a huge hand appears and starts pressing on top of the beast's head and taking him down to the ground where the dragon roars in pain from smashing at the ground. The dirty ground splits apart from the weight of the beast, who hardly smashed upon it. Causing several cracks spreading around the ground where a few pieces of the ground tilted upward around the beast's body.
The hand Midna had summoned disappeared the moment when the dragon planted hardly at the ground.
The twili woman inhales deeply.
"LIIINK, IT'S YOUR TURN... FIND THE SECRET STONE AND ATTACK HIM THERE..." she shouts from the sky where the sun is slowly disappearing in the horizon and makes the sky darker for each moment.

Link pulls out the twin sword and runs toward the fallen dragon who trembles where it tries getting up.
His blue eyes are scanning the dragon and tries finding something that stands out from the rest of its body. But no matter how hard he tries to focus with the eyes, he can't see anything. It seems he is also blind to see the secret stone like Midna.
He grits the teeth in frustration.
" DAMN IT... IT SEEMS I CAN'T SEE THE STONE EITHER... ARE YOU SURE YOU CAN'T SEE IT?" He asks loudly so Midna can hear him.

Midna furrows the eyebrows in concern. She really hoped Link would be able to see the stone with his eyes since he is part wolf. Cursed by the twilight. And, born as a hero... But it seems that's not enough.
She shakes the head.
" LIKE I ALREADY SAID, I CAN'T SEE THE SECRET ST -..." she starts answering when she notices in the corners of the eyes how the beast turns the face toward Link, where it starts loading up an attack to shoot out from the mouth at him.
"LIIIINK... WATCH OUT! THE BEAST IS ABOUT TO ATTACK!" she flinches.

Link is first looking a bit gloomy due to the fact that neither of them can see the damn stone. But, the face shifts into confusion when Midna warned him about the incoming attack.
He grunts confused, and turns around where his eyes wide in shock of seeing the black bolt of dark material.
The hylian gasps.
And when the dark material starts moving swiftly toward him, he quickly takes the shield from the back and swings it to the side where he pushes the bolt away. He hears the loud explosion from the side, but his eyes are focused on the shield where a single attack almost destroyed it. The shield is now filled with a lot of cracks... One more attack like that, and the shield will turn into dust.
He shudders over the thought of not having a shield.

The dragon gets up from the ground and flies up to the sky where he is circulating above the hylian.

Link looks up at the dragon where he tries eyeing him from underneath. Maybe he couldn't see the secret stone since it's placed at the bottom part who was lying against the ground. And that's why he couldn't see it. Since the part where the stone is, was out of reach from his eyes back then.
But... Despite how much he tries examining the beast from another angel, he can still not see the stupid stone he needs to break to free Ganondorf from the curse.