06| His Pain

''Zamindar Babu?'' she gasped, her voice quaking, a sign of the inner turmoil she had, the blankness swirling in her eyes shattering my very soul

''Zamindar Babu?'' she gasped, her voice quaking, a sign of the inner turmoil she had, the blankness swirling in her eyes shattering my very soul. I felt the inner Anirudh crying.

''Yes, me, and now answer me, what the hell did you just do'' I seethed yanked her arms backwards, the force pushing her body towards me, my breath fanning her terrified visage.

''Wh-What did I do Zamindar Babu'' she stuttered frantically looking in both the direction for any passer-by, when she didn't see anyone, she turned her attention towards me.

My ears caught a person walking towards us, the rustling and crumbling of dried leaves reaching my ears, I was swift enough, to pull her without me, deeper into the familiar woods, I roughly pushed my body back, leaning myself onto the rough bark, her body pasted onto mine.

She innocently looked up at me through her lashes, My jaw clenched as my eyes just saw the vermillion that adorned her hairs in someone else' name.

I saw her bag of clothes lying with a bottle nearby, My hands reached out to grab it, with a plop, my fingers unhooked the cork from the bottle, she looked at me confused, her lips going up with the same emotion.

I towered in front of her and turned the bottle upside down on top of her head, the water was quick to hit her soft hairs, washing away every existence of the vermillion that lined her hair, the red water cascading down her horrified face, she looked at her hands that held the reminisce of her vermillion, now just water.

I saw her lips quivering and shortly after her eyes getting glossier until big, fat tears were streaming down her face, her hair was dripping with water, moistening her yellow saree, the thin satin giving her what beautiful curves held under those layers of lemon. 

My eyes roamed her like a pathetic loser from her anklet-clad legs to her slim waist skin that showed me her bronzed skin and up to her perfectly-sized bosoms and her angelic face, those reckless baby hairs sticking to her face as her shoulders shook with her weeping.

I clicked my tongue with displeasure and gently held her chin, pulling it up to make her look at me, but she refused to lock our eyes, my fingers gently moved those wet locks from her face, her skin delicate under the pads of my fingers.

''How could you? How could you do this to me? Don't you know how much importance that vermillion held in my life, why are you so adamant to destroy my life! Why are you so stone-hearted'' she cussed pushing me away from her using both hands on my chest, I didn't move an inch. I felt myself getting weaker by her words, why is she being so harsh?

Her lips pursed as she raised her hand at me to slap my face, My face shot towards the other side from the force of her hit, my hair throwing itself on my face, I closed myself at the burning sensation on my left cheek.

I saw her eyes widening, she had which she slapped me shivering, more tears replaced the dried ones in her eyes, she suddenly fell on her knees, clutching the edge of her saree she cried again.

I breathed audibly and knelt in front of her, she moved back, refusing my touch, her chest rose and fell as her weeping increased.

''I-I am so sorry Zamindar Babu, I-I shouldn't have raised my hand at someone like you, I am such an outcast and you, you are praised all over Bengal, please don't punish me, pl-please let me live'' she begged, her arms folding in front of me.

Her eyes shot towards my cheeks that were raw, imprints of her fingers painted red on my skin, her shivering hands raised up towards my face and softly touched my burning cheeks, tear cascaded down her cheeks as she did, the coldness of her skin-soothing my bleeding soul.

I closed my eyes and leant into her touch, I placed my other hand on her on my face and linked my fingers through hers, I could feel her heartbeat increase with my every move.

''I would never do anything to hurt, not in this birth and not in another thousand'' I professed, both of my hands cupping her face gently, she held both of my wrists with both of her hands and we stayed still.

''You sh-shouldn't have done that, I-I am married to him and you must agree that, he is m-my husband and learn t-to respect him'' she announced looking at me straight into my hazels shocking me. I was dumbfounded.

''I am not yours'' she uttered, her voice shaking, as she was fighting herself to prove her wrong, but little did she know that those were the words I never expected her to say, something that broke me like nothing.

My fingers curled inside my palms, digging into my inner skin, tightening with rage, my ring looked as if its stone would pop out any moment, I closed my eyes softly and inhaled deeply, trying to exhale my rage inhale peace, refusal is something I had never faced in my life, and she was something I ever wanted in my life and will continue to be, something I always cherished and desired.

I rolled the sleeves of my white collared kurta and slowly walked towards her, she started walked backwards, just the opposite direction I was walking, her back hit the rough trunk of the tree, ,My eyes were fixated on her clenched jaws, parted lips, straight nose and closed crease-less eyelids.

''Say that again, now, look up at my eyes and say that woman'' I cussed grabbing her hand that was tied around the back of the tree, my action scaring her, my fingers tighened around her wrist with such force that her glass bangles broke with a clank, breaking onto the floor.

I harshly grabbed her jaw and tilted her neck to the side, I slowly leant foward, My lips inches from feeling her delicate skin, my breath moved from her visible collar bones, up the curves of her neck, till her jawline, my breath tickling her skin, visible goosebumps forming on her skin, I heard her whimper, hands slowly gripping my shirt tightly.

''You like it little one?'' I whispered teasing her skin a little more, the motion of pasting her bosoms onto me answered me right away, a lopsided smirk touched my lips.

My grazed my upper lips over her skin, she released a shaky breath and gripped my dress tighter, she completely pasted her body on mine, likewise I grazed the edge of my fingers over the visible part of her waist, I wanted to know whether she was agreeing to what I was doing.

''Hmm?'' I hummed pushing her till the edge, again she answered me by a whimper which irked me.

This time I gave her waist a quick squeeze, the delicate skin squishing against my righ-clad palm, her lips left out such a sound which ignited a strange feeling within me. She shuddered against the coldness of my wrist-chain.

''Y-Yes, I do'' she whispered dropping her head onto my neck, my lips touching her neck, I softly placed a kiss on that skin.

I bend down and pulled her up using her thighs, she rose up in my arms, her hands gripping my shoulder blades tightly, I twirled her in my arms, her head shooting backwards, I could see a beautiful smile on her face, her delicate hairs slapping her face, and soon later, a tinkling laughter reached my ears.

Seeing her laugh made me smile too, our laughter collided with each other to created a symphony in the quite forest, I dropped her down and dipped her low, the fingers of her left hand linking with mine, her other hand gripping my muscular bicep, she looked deep into my hazel orbs as I pulled her up, our noses touching.

Her breath increased and mine deepened as my eyes zeroed to her lips, I thought I would do what I really yearned when fear flashed her eyes, a mixture of guilt, shame and sadness mixed in them.

She quickly left my hands and raced away from me, running as fast as her legs could take her.

And I stood there with a feeling of Deja Vu enveloping me.

***

Oh am such a sucker for Romance! Gosh!

XOXO