24| Her Proposal

A small peek:

The moment he saw her outside the Windowsill, he knew she meant something more...

Not just the rain, but the breeze made him realize the purity of her love.

Y E A R S   B A C K 

B O N D I T A - 1 4

A N I R U D H - 1 7

. . .

''Where were you?'' my mother's sweet voice came to me as I limped my way into my house, I couldn't believe it was Anirudh that helped me when I ran away from home

''I-I, umm I was'' I didn't know how to respond to this, I honestly didn't know what to say.

''With Zamindar Anirudh Roy Choudhary'' I jumped in surprise when I heard my brother's voice from my back, I gulped audibly and turned to look at him, a sly smile on his face.

''W-What?'' I ask, unable to believe how he knew all of this, was he following me?

''What is your brother talking about Bondita? Is it true?'' my mother's meek panic-stricken voice made my heart twist in agony.

''Of course not mother, Bh-Bharghav is lying, he always does'' I retaliate, throwing my hands in the air.

''So you started lying too, didn't you? Took my words too seriously? Huh? Tapas Mukherjee is coming to see you, and you'll never open your mouth about that high caste fool again, do you understand?'' Bhargav seethed, yanking my wrist painfully.

''Y-Yes'' I whisper, I knew I could force myself not to, this was my destiny and I knew I couldn't run away from this, despite my strange and strong feelings for a person I am not supposed to feel these things for are out there, I had to ignore them.

''Very well, his family will be here tomorrow, behave'' my brother threaten, gripping my wrist harshly, I gulped the lump in my throat and nodded.

The day turned too fast before I could even process, and the time when the man I am supposed to marry would be here any time.

I ran my hands through my hair and looked at my reflection on the mirror, my face looking the most beautiful, the silk was draped over my head and I was bejewelled the most today, to impress a man who was way older than me. 

I shut my eyes tight, letting a tear slip from them as my brother held my hand, and walked me towards me the place they all sat, I looked at the man through my feathery lashes.

I ran my eyes over the man, I had to agree he looked good, I was glad by the way he kindly talked to my mother, his smile was tender, he softly looked up at me, I gasped when he gently smiled at me, his eyes were so pure.