17| His Numbness

A/N - Many of you are disturbed by Anirudh's character, please don't be, the author has a thing for toxic men with character developments! So...

Trigger Warning - Dark Anirudh.

I shuffle in between the sheets as I abruptly wake up to see Aarushi snuggled into my neck, I breathed deeply as stood up, walking towards the windowsill, watching the first rays of the sun come up the impenetrable city

I tucked the end of my lace saree over my hips, I ran my hands down my hands as it became too chilly to handle, I breathed condensed air.

''If you are too cold, just take the lamp and ignite the fireplace, I don't want you to die to death'' I heard a strong masculine voice making me look at the door, there stood Anirudh Roy Choudhary in a crisp suit, his hand clicking the expensive cufflinks.

''Rude'' I reply bending down to take the lamp and light the wood, the edge of my saree which was tucked fell off from my waist, showing my skinny hips, flat tummy and heavy stretch marks.

I never noticed that it was all visible until I looked up into his eyes, which was never on me, but on my torso, I saw him inhale a sharp breath watching the revealed part of my skin. Instead of being proud, I am ashamed of my marks, embarrassment lined my face as I tied my cloth tighter, covering every skin.

I saw him cough and look away, watching the sun pierce through the lace windows. I saw his perfectly combed hair flutter back when the wind touched them as if it was admiring this gorgeous man.

''I am sorry'' he says softly, his glasses gleaming when the sun hit them, I frowned at him. 

''About your child'' he whispers, this time looking straight into my eyes, knocking the breath out of me with his eyes.

A sudden pain filled my heart at his words, why should he remind me of that now?

I tightened my fists and walked towards him, looking straight into his unfaltering eyes, he looked between my eyes waiting for me to do something.

''You like reminding me of my misery don't you? That I can never be a mother? Very well, thank you'' I whisper with a small smile on my face, I've gotten used to this. I saw him getting nervous at my proximity when he could feel my breath on his skin.

''But my mind is numb to those sensations now, and I have a girl whom I can call daughter, thank you very much for your concern'' I whisper pressing my lips on his neck, onto his Carotid artery, feeling his pulse increase at my action, I felt his fists and jaw clench and inhale deeply.

I smiled at my progress, I understood that just the way he does crazy things to my body, I can do it too, as I walked a bit, his cold hands grabbed my wrist, making me halt, I turned my head backwards, knocking me out of my breath with his powerful hazels.

The room was so silent that I could feel our heartbeats beat in perfect sync, when he exhaled I inhaled, we spoke no words, his eyes zeroed to my parted lips before I knew anything, he pulled me closer, his hand holding my jaw roughly, bringing my face close to his.

I could feel desire, need and most of all anger in his eyes, I couldn't help but smile.

''I see you got some nerve today, I hope it helps you in college because seduction isn't the key to success'' he whispers softly, danger lacing revert syllable.

''Maybe it is the secret on unravelling you?'' I murmur with a small smile on my face as I dragged my thin fingers along his sharp jaw, I saw it, I saw it in his eyes, but it was replaced by fury again.

With a growl, he grabbed that hand that was on his face and pulled me with him forcefully, making me fall on the ground with a thud, but that didn't make him stop, he dragged me with him.

I stumbled on the carpet, fell over the table making my hair fall over my face, I nearly twisted my ankle as he pulled me down the stairs, my hand ripped curtains and tossed lace table covers, making vases tumble and vessels fall, he never stopped.

Tears streamed down my eyes as he threw me onto the huge hall, I was on my knees, my hands clutching my dress.

''That hurts doesn't it little flower?'' he whispers bending down and holding my jaw softly, making me look up at him, tears blurring my vision.

''Tsk Tsk, tears don't suit this beautiful face does it?'' he says wiping my tears softly, I groan in fury, slapping his hand off me, he simply chuckled. 

''Get away from me'' I seethe, regretting coming here the first place.

''You can't, you know you can't and sad, yet, I know I can't too'' he says grabbing my wrists and pulling me up, I tumbled over his body, he didn't fall, he simply held my thin biceps and made me look at him, a smile lining his face.

''Now we don't want to be late? So go get dressed, we must reach the University as fast as we can, we can't keep the headmaster waiting'' he says moving my hair from my face. I wince.

. . .

''Oh sweet Jesus, is that my boy Anirudh?'' I heard an old voice coming from the headmaster's chamber, as we walked in, I saw an old man wearing thick-framed glasses and a suit too tight for him waiting for us with a smile.

''Well, hello professor'' Anirudh smiles genuinely before embracing him, I looked between them, slightly confused.

''Bondita, this is Professor Benedict, when I used to study here, he used to be my professor, now he's headmaster, you will be under his grace'' he explains looking at me. I nod.

''And professor'' he starts as we all sat down, the old man facing us, Anirudh linked his fingers together, leaning forward, his glasses gleaming.

''This is my wife, Bondita Da- Roy Choudhary, she's of age for this, I hope she gets an admission in this prestigious school of law?'' Anirudh explains correction pointing at me, I shudder at his words, he is so good at lying with a straight face.

''Oh, is that so boy, I never knew you got married this young, very well, young lady, I hope you know how much prestige your husband holds, I am proud to say that he was my student, I always knew he had the potential'' Benedict explains with pride glistening in his eyes, Anirudh smirked with the same pride.

''Yes I do sir'' I answer honestly nodding, he smiled in satisfaction, he pulled out a form from his desk and placed it in front of me, I read everything, I should every column for my admission. 

As I placed my fingers over the lines to read it, I felt a burning gaze on my side, I looked towards my side, my soft tendrils falling on my face, my eyes widened as Anirudh looked at me like he wanted something, he raised an eyebrow and asked me to fill it up.

I nodded and grabbed the pen, and started writing it, Anirudh looked at the professor and smiled, the old man nodded as if they were having a secret conversation.

''Done'' I whisper giving the paper to him, I suddenly wince when I raise my leg, the pain in my leg came back, it was when Anirudh dragged me down the stairs. I inhaled sharply ignoring the pain.

''Very well, you may start coming here from tomorrow, the books will be delivered to your house my boy'' Benedict says shaking hands with me, Anirudh nodded before taking my hand in his.

''I will see you soon professor'' he says before he pulled me with him, I followed him like a little mouse.

The moment we entered his car, he turned and grabbed my jaw much to my surprise. 

''You will not ruin this little lies we fed the professor yes? You will act like you are my wife, if you break it, you will regret the moment coming here'' his voice held authority making me nod meekly in obedience. 

''Good'' he says sharply leaving my jaw burning, he pressed his legs on the accelerator, roaring into the straights, I fidget with my fingers as I look down on my lap, I hate this new Anirudh.