21| His Touch

''Bondita?'' a distant voice rang in my head as I opened my eyes a jiffy, I saw two eyes looking at me with concern, a hand on my thighs, I recognised them to be Anirudh's

I was seated in between many elegant guests dressed poshly, I suddenly felt out of place. The gentle hold of his hand was the only thing that kept me sane.

''So how many years since you've got married, you look quite young Mrs Roy'' an elegant man in his late 50's named Joseph said, placing a morsel of food into his mouth, I froze, looking at Anirudh's similar expression, I saw his larynx drop down in a gulp.

Anirudh linked his fingers together and leaned forward on his elbows ''Well umm, you see, uh'' he cleared his throat ''Three years, three years since we got married'' he beautifully lied, showing three with his fingers, a nervous smile on his face.

I heard Meredith cough beside me, while Edward shook his head and gave her water, I looked at her frowning, she gave me a smug smile and raised an eyebrow impressed, such a dirty liar he is. 

''She's just 20, Mr Anirudh, you got married so young?'' Joseph asked, tilting his head, Anirudh just gave an elegant chuckle.

''Since when is 18 so young Joseph, this isn't something that's so important'' he says dropping his arms over my shoulders, making me hunch.

''Just play along darling'' he whispered in my ears, I quickly nodded obediently, clearing my throat and taking a bite from my fork. 

''Just asking Anirudh, well, she's pretty, good for you, you'll have beautiful children I swear'' Joseph's wife Linda quips, looking at me lovingly, Anirudh banged the table suddenly making it rattle, taking a sip from his drip, his grip on the glass so tight that I could see his knuckles whiten. 

I have a nervous smile and played with my food, chewing on my lips, where did I end up trapped? I closed my eyes tight in frustration. 

''Yes, Linda's right, she's actually very beautiful'' I heard a new masculine voice, I turned my head to look at a man with a slightly lopsided smirk, his hands dug into his pocket as his sly eyes observed me, shamelessly, I suddenly felt exposed and uncomfortable under his gaze. He looked like he was 30. 

''Ah professor Alfred, what a pleasure'' Anirudh smiled, his chair creaked as he pushed himself away from the table, standing up, walking toward's the man's extended arms. 

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as Alfred looked at me through Anirudh's shoulder, his eyes never faltering from mine, an unfathomable expression on his face, his smile disgusted me. 

''The famous wife! What an honour to meet your spouse my boy'' Alfred says laughing patting Anirudh's shoulders, Anirudh simply shook his head and smiled politely. 

''Alfred Thames, the Criminal Law professor at King's College, a pleasure to meet my student for the first time'' he comes towards me, taking my hand in his and pressing his lips on my skin, not to elaborate, that disgusted me, I didn't like this man one bit.