16| His Regret

''Are you seriously enrolling me into the school of Law?'' I ask in complete shock at him, He just sat on his study table, his ringed hand moving swiftly on the paper as he held the pen in his hands

''Yes I am'' he says nonchalantly, his eyes brows raised unknowingly as his glasses sat perfectly on the edge of his sharp nose, his head softly tilted to the side while his lips formed a natural pout.

''No way! I don't want to!'' I retaliate, my hands forming fists as I glare at his side profile, he sighs deeply at my words and turns towards me.

''Yes, you will have to, you will go there in the name of being my wife, Bondita'' he says simply, his face void of any expression, my mouth hung open at his words, did I hear that right.

''Sorry, I didn't quite catch that'' I say, sarcasm lacing my every word as I waved my hand in the air.

He clicks his tongue catching my attention ''You heard me alright, you will go there in the identity of my wife, Bondita Roy Choudhary..'' he starts again, ding-ding, that sounds so perfect, my name with his surname sounds like it was meant to be, wait, what am I even thinking?

''But in reality, you are not, you are just a girl living in my placing and learning law, I won't repeat again'' he says sternly making my heart drop, he was right, why would I ever dream of being his wife while she is actually waiting for him home.

''Don't get your expectations high, kid'' he mumbles before going back to work, his words made me fume.

''Expectation high you say? High? Why the hell would I ever dream or wish that I was your wife? And who in the world are you to boss me around? Why should I lie to those people? When in reality you are the one who left your wife crying at the footstep of your house! Shame on you!'' I snap, banging on his desk making him flinch and drop his pen, looking up at me.

His face was void of any expression, but I could see the fire of fury in his hazels, but I didn't care.

He quickly stands up, towering over me, making me look up at him, I tried my best to keep my pissed off expression, but he terrified me.

''I will answer every question, Why would you dream of being my consort? Maybe who knows, every girl who came across me wanted that, why would you be different Bondita? And next, who am I to boss you around, I am the boss of this house you are living, so you listen to me or fend in the streets, Why you should lie? Because I don't anyone calling you my prostitute, to shame you, so I have you this faux title called 'wife', and shame on me? I never left her, and you have no right to question me!'' his last words came out harsh and I flinched, everything he said broke me, what happened to him? Did the Anirudh I knew die?

Unknowingly tears filled my eyes at his words, in reality, he was no different than Tapas, he shamed me and so did he, why would I expect men to different? Men will be men.

''I would rather die than inhale a single breath in your mansion, I would rather fend in the streets than look at you as the overlord, fuck you Zamindar'' I rasp, a single tear filled with pure rage slipping out of my eyes.