20| Her Memories

T/W- Women Abuse

T/W- Women Abuse.

Y E A R S   A G O

B O N D I T A -   A G E, 13 

A N I R U D H - A G E, 16

. . . 

UNEDITED

I ran towards my house with all the strength my legs could acquire, my breathing pace increased as I jumped up the fallen tree, grabbing the vines for extra speed, it wasn't helping. 

My braided hair flew backwards, I tucked my skirt up in my waist while my anklets and bangles chimed like never. 

Swear beads formed in my head as I raised my hands to wipe my tears away, I ran through the trees and interlocked logs. 

No, not again, please mother Durga, keep my mother safe, please. 

I reached my house and gripped the wooden door sill of my hut to catch some breath, I placed my hand on my chest, heaving. 

I looked at my thrashed house, hearing screams coming from inside, I walked inside, my heart on my throat, I gasped with a whimper when I saw my mother on the floor, holding my alcoholic father's feet who a stick in his hand. 

He hurt her again. 

''Can't you just not do a single job properly woman?'' My father roared kicking her right in the guts, mother clutched her stomach and cried, tears streaming down her eyes.

I looked at my 17-year-old brother who sat on the side, he had his leg over the other and snickered at the sight, as if he was enjoying what was unravelling, fury burst through me at this.

I went numb when I saw my dad grab a knife, walking towards her, he bend down and gripped her forearms, pulling a limp mother up, he threw her onto the chair, her hands shivering. 

I closed my mouth in horror as he went towards mother with a knife, before he could do anything, I went and grabbed his hand, making his blood-red eyes shoot at me, he was so drunk and scary, I shuddered. 

''No father, you won't hurt her again, otherwise'' I start looking around and grabbing another knife that lay on the floor and aimed it at him with teary eyes and shivering hands. ''I'll do something that I will regret, please'' I whisper. 

He just cackled and grabbed my wrists and yanked them, a huge wave of pain shot through my body at the, he towered over me and held my hand like that, I screamed in pain, It felt like I broke a bone, his other hand with the knife came to my neck, I went numb as I heard my mother scream. It hurt mentally than physically.

''You'll not threaten me you little twit, go mind your own business yes? Or else you're the one who is going to be killed, now get away'' he seethed, throwing me, my head hit the wall beside me, a stinging pain blurred me, I looked at my wrist, darkened in red due to his grip.