07| His Agony

I groaned in displeasure as I grabbed my law book, throwing it out of the room, its hardness hitting the wall and tumbling down with a thud

I couldn't decipher the mystery of her shadowy orbs, she is hurt and I failed to unravel that, did she soar in her studies as I asked her to? How and what made her lose her smile? 

''Brother what was tha-'' I threw the glass vase right at the wall next to my brother, Somnath, the colour drained off his face as he stood still, his eyes widening staring at the broken shards of glass.

''Just get the fuck out of here'' I cussed pointing my finger at the door, My jaws clenched, my eyes were shut, I could feel the fury rising up my toes to the strands of my hair.

''It's her again isn't it?'' his words made me shoot out of my own thoughts, back into the painful reality, My brows furrowed as I looked at him quizzically, my head cocking to the side.

''What do you mean by 'her', Somnath?'' I ask tying my hands to my back and taking length steps towards my brother who stood across the room, opposite to me.

''At first, brother, I didn't know who was this strange girl you keep thinking about every day, but now I did'' as his words kept on proceeding, it kept lacing with more disgust.

''Today, she came, and I saw your face brother, I saw the colour drain of your glowing face, I saw horror, I saw pain, I saw disgust and most of all, I saw anger'' he was now standing in front of me, a few inches shorter than me, he was intimidating.

''It's that outcast woman, isn't it? It's her, the girl who is not making you be yourself, who is torturing your mind, who is making your heart be in pain, I know what falling in love can feel like, and I expected more from you brother, not an outcast!'' he seethed.

My finger curled around his neck, but he didn't flinch, how much my finger was tightening, how much my ring dug into the skin of his neck, he stood calm.

''Look what infatuation is making you do, look what she is making you do, Dada'' he shouted at me, the fury brushed off me before I retreated, guilt and fear gripping my mind, did I just try to choke my brother?

''Get out'' I whispered softly, my hands unclenching as I breathed heavily.

''But broth-''

''I said go, leave me alone, I need some time to accept what I have done'' I whisper as he shut the door and walks away.

***

I was here, just to see the wind play with curls of the wind, to see her eyes twinkling under the scorching sun, to hear the sound of her anklets that chimed when she tucked the edge of her saree onto her waist.

She was one of the first outcast women to learn and acquire knowledge, the Local school teacher agreed to teach her under my order and it was breathtaking to see her sit on the edge of her hut, biting the edge of her pencil as she squinted her amber eyes, reading her book with keen interest, It was heart-breaking to know that she never knew I was the reason for her happiness. My insides flushed with warmth knowing that she was still interested in education.