08| His Choice

A/N - This Chapter is pretty messed up, forgive me if this part hurts you, I promise you a happy ending but, it's not always rainbows and unicorns, I want to make it realistic, to make Anirudh's and Bondita's inner-turmoil realistic, I know heart-break feels like, so kindly understand my and Anirudh-Bondita's feelings. I want to make this book relatable to all of you, and thank you for 6K reads for just 7 chapters, this shows how much you hope for me to give you a good story, I promise this story will not disappoint you. It will be worth your time! Just a bit jerky journey.

***

A painful whimper left my lips as I walked through the dark woods until I reached home, which was situated in the middle of the village

''Bondita? Oh my god, how much I looked for you, are you ok?'' I looked up at my husband, his eyes reflecting with the care that was just for me, I will always indebted for what he is doing for me, the way he trusts me more than anyone. Tears filled my eyes thinking what I gave him in return, nothing.

''Why are you crying Bondita? Are you hurt?'' his voice was laced with worry as he bend down, his toes curling as he touched the ground before his fingers touched my bruised ankle.

A gasp left my lips before I removed my legs from his touch, pain shot through my being due to my harsh retraction, he was quick to wrap his fingers around my wrist holding me tight, he pulled me closer, his hand was placed behind my head and buried my head into his chest, he dropped his head into my neck, inhaling my scent deeply. I shuddered.

I couldn't help but deny that his warmth was soothing, after all these, I never fell in love with him even if he confessed his love for me multiple times.

He smiled beautifully at me, he was gorgeous, I couldn't deny that he had dark brown locks with two beautiful eyes that had the same colour, he could any woman swoon, but never me, women say that I was lucky to be married to him, but I never felt any love for him.

My fingers curled inside my palms when I felt his lips press against mine, I could feel the love he has for through that, But I am helpless, I couldn't give it, I never kiss him back, a whimper left my lips when I pushed him back, moving the strands of my hair from my face.

''What happened?'' he asks, I could feel a tinge of irritation in his voice when he grabs my wrist and pull me towards him, my nose nearly touching his, his brown orbs staring deep into my embers, I gulped the lump in my throat. ''How much will you refuse me? We have been married for years, we have shared so many beautiful nights together, and still? You couldn't give me an heir but I still love you! I never looked at another woman!'' he accuses coming closer to me as I walked backwards, my anklets chiming under the pressure.

I felt the cold wall hit my bare back as he came forward, ''You have been acting differently for a few days, I have been noticing this change Bondita, you changed from the day we-'' he stopped searching my face for any emotion, I just pursed my lips together, my expression refusing to give him any clue.