30| Her Trail

Author's Note: I am well aware that it's been a long time since I came to this platform, I've been struggling with a few personal reasons so I stayed away from all social sites, I just needed some space and I had a little writer's block, I've handling near break-up and academic struggles, I hope you understand my situation, I won't be writing any more new stories for now, but I'll be continuing the started books, enjoy <3

. . . 

Y E A R S   A G O ( UNEDITED)

I felt the tears brim in my eyes as I felt her finger rings dig deep into the skin of my cheeks

I felt the tears brim in my eyes as I felt her finger rings dig deep into the skin of my cheeks. I clenched my fists in utter pain as I tried to swallow a scream.

''Good for nothing bitch, is this what you married my son for?!'' my mother-in-law roared as her hand adorned with gold gripped the back of my head and painfully tilted my head backwards, I bit my lower lip so hard that it could draw blood, my whole body shivered.

She threw me across the room, making me fall to the floor with a huge thud, pain shot up my leg, and I whimpered as I looked at her tragic figure through the veil of my sweaty hair.

She bends in front of me, breathing on my face, I could smell tobacco and betel from her reddened teeth, I was disgusted by the sight.

''You can't have a son? forget it, you can never have a progeny again, you infertile bitch! Then what is the use of being his wife, pathetic'' her legs kicked me on my stomach making me fall on my chest, grabbing her feet.

Mercy.

Every day was torture, plain torture, uncountable wounds littered my skin, some unhealed, some healed, and new tears came with the dried ones on my face.

I know it's my fault that I can't bear a child, what use is a woman otherwise, she's a used piece of cloth.. worn, torn, thrown.

''Maa!'' I heard that authoritative voice, I looked up at Tapas, his face laced with fear and rage, he rushed towards me and enveloped me in his embrace, my whole body shivered hotly against his, he rocked me softly as I gripped his shirt.

''Maa, I told you never to raise your hand at her again, why?'' he shouts, but I could sense fear in that tone as well, he's scared of his mother, he's weak in front of her, he can't protect me.

''As if you control me, son, she's good for nothing, she can't bear your child again-''

''We're trying'' Tapas says back, inhaling sharply, his eyes shut as he controlled his rising anger.

''Trying? Can't you see she's infertile?'' she yells back, frustration making her bite her lips, her aged eyes filled with rage send deadly glares at me before she walked away. She never argued with her beloved son even though she hated my mere shadow.

''Am so sorry love'' Tapas whispered moving my hair from my face, ragged breath left my lips as he hummed softly, the way he rocked me made my eyes shut, my head hung back, the hair of my back stuck to my back with sweat.