18| His Nurture

I stirred in my sleep when I felt soft fingers touch my cheek, I frowned and buried my face into the plush pillow, I felt footsteps walk around the bed and the bed shifted when someone sat on it

Finger moved the hair covering my face apart and dragging knuckles across my sides, over my cheekbones, I opened my eye wide and grabbed the hand, I felt the person freeze, I snap my eyes open and look at two Hazel eyes, this time they were full of unfathomable rolls of emotion.

I am taken aback.

''W-What are you doing?'' I ask moving a little backwards, my messed up locks falling over my face, he didn't utter a single word, he just stared into my very soul, I simply shuddered. 

His eyes zeroed to my legs, my dress pull up till my knees, showing more skin it was supposed, I flinched when his warm hands touched my cold skin. I exhaled shakily, his eyes stirred on my skin before his thumbs rubbed small circles on them. 

I kicked his hands and jumped off the bed, my chest heaving and my heart racing, I closed my eyes inhaled, this man is capable of some strange things, he left me transfixed.

''Answer me'' I demand, with the last ounce of energy and confidence left in me. 

''Well, I came here to give you this'' he says holding a book in his hand, I frown and gaze at it.

''Sherlock Holmes, A Study In Scarlet?'' I asked tilting my head as I walked towards him, taking the book from his hand, it was new, the printed pages and the leather, this book is just released. 

''Yes, this is the newest and most popular novel in London, I thought you could improve your language with this'' he said looking up at me as he sat and I was still standing, he flicked the book with his fingers making it thud. 

''Improve my language? What is wrong with my language? Excuse me sir'' I say blinking my eyes, unable to believe his words.

''There is nothing wrong with your English'' he grumbles, raking his fingers through his lush hairs, which has grown long. ''It could be better, you have the potential''

My heart fluttered at his words, a small smile touched my lips and I smiled softly, I nodded. 

I open the book gentle and moved my fingers through the fresh pages, a scent of ink mixed with parchment coming from it. 

''You need a haircut so bad'' I say tugging his elongated locks, he shuddered, a glance of irritation in his eyes.

''None of your business, you're not my wife'' he snaps, his voice void of any expression, a burst of pain went through my heart at this.

''But why are you like this?'' I asked, trying to hide my extreme pain, sitting next to me, he pulled both his lips into his mouth before looking at me through his glasses.

''Like what?'' he asks obvious, trying to piss me off more, I inhaled sharply and glared into his dark eyes. 

''You're not the Anirudh I met years back'' I say in a serious tone, he seems quite taken aback by that, but he was good at hiding.