Thirty-six

im tired so this may have spelling errors and such

dont judge <3
l

*-*-*

Daryl's POV

"It won't work" Rick said.

"Its gotta, Look, th' governors probably on th' way ta the prison right now. Merle knows how he thinks and we could use th' muscle." I said, tyring to persuade Rick to let Merle stay at the prison. It turns out, Merle was the one who took Glenn, Maggie and Miles. I'm not sure if Alyx will forgive him for that.

"You really want him sleeping in the same cell block as Carol? Beth? Alyx?" Glenn said. I froze when he mentioned Alyx, how can I just leave her?

"He ain't a rapist!" I exclaimed.

"Well, his buddy is.." Glenn trailed off, giving Maggie an uncomfortable glance. She twiddled her thumbs and looked at the ground.

"They ain't buddies no more, not after last night" I said, remembering when The Governor forced Merle and I to fight to the death. He punched me a few times before we fought our way out together.

"There's no way Merles gonna live there without putting everyone at each others throats." Rick said, placing his hands on his hips.

"So you're gonna cut Merle loose and bring th' last samurai home with us?" I said, gesturing to Michonne.

"She's not coming back" Rick defended.

"She's not in a state to be on her own." Maggie said.

"She did bring you guys to us" Miles said.

"And then ditched us" Rick said, rasing his voice slightly.

"At least let Hershel stich her up" Miles said.

"She's too unpreditcable" Rick spoke.

"Tha's right, we don't know who she is. But Merle, Merles blood." I said, turning the conversation back to Merle.

"No, Merle is your blood. My blood, my family is standing right here and waiting for us back at the prison" Glenn shouted, throwing his arms around in crazy gestures.

"And you're part of that family" Miles said, staring straight at me. I avoided his intense gaze and shifted my crossbow on my shoulder.

"But he's not, he's not"Rick said. I glared at him until he was forced to break eye contact.

"Man, y'all dont know!" I shouted, angrily. I stormed towards the car. "Fine, we'll fend for ourselves."

"That's not what we're saying!" Miles argued.

"No him, no me" I grumbled, looking over my shoulder as my brother was coming back to conciseness after being knocked out by Rick.

"Daryl, you don't have to do that" Maggie said.

"It was always Merle and I before this." I said.

"What about Alyx? I thought you guys grew up together?" Miles asked angrily.

"Man, that's different. Alyx...She'll understand." I said, my voice becoming much softer as I thought of her.

"You serious?" Glenn said. "You're just gonna leave like that?"

"You'd do the same thing" I spat, venom lacing my words.

"What do you want us to tell Alyx?" Maggie said. I looked down at my feet. It hurt to leave her but she would do the same thing if it were her brother, right?

"She'll understand" I repeated.

"Daryl stop!" Rick yelled, chasing after me as I walked to me brother. "We need you at the prison, we need to to help protect what we have!"

"No him, no me" I said again. "Tell Alyx I said M'sorry"

Merle threw his arm around my shoulder as we walked into the forest. After walking fora few minutes, realization hit me.

"I can't believe I did th' for ye'" I muttered.

"Come on little brotha'! Why ye need those pussies anyway?" Merle said as he pushed me roughly.

"Alyx is with 'um!" I shouted angrily. His face dropped and he frowned.

"Le's go get 'er then" he suggested.

"Man, ye jus' don't get it! She won't leave 'um! I love 'er and ye had to come and fuck everythin' up!"

"Love? Baby brotha', did I lose my hand so ye could love some tramp ye picked up?" He snarled.

"You lost yer hand 'cause yer a simple minded piece a shit!" I growled, pushing him and storming forward. Merle grabbed the back of my shirt a ripped it in half. With my shirt missing, my scars were revealed.

"I-I didn't know...he..?" Merle stuttered. I held back tears as I stood up and picked up my shirt.

"Yeah, and he did the same to ye'" I said, pointing in his face with an arrow. I started to walk in the opposite direction of him and he whistled.

"Where ya goin'?" He shouted.

"Back where I belong." I muttered as I walked farther.

"Ye can't.. I can't go with ya!"

"Ya know, I may be the one who's walkin' away, but yer the one who's leavin'" I said before leaving him behind and going back to my family.

*-*-*

This is a v short chapter

M'sorry

1) Daryl's going back?!?!?

2) how will alyx react when she realizes he left in the first place??

3) will alyx forgive Merle?