Seventeen

Alyx's POV

I was woken by birds chirping and the sun shining through the slightly ajar window. For a fraction of a second, I forgot about the walkers and the apocalypse. For that fraction of that second, the world seemed to be, if not more, peaceful then it was before it went to shit.

I lifted my head from the pillow and rubbed my eyes with my hands balled in fist. I yet out a loud yawn and turned to my side to see that Sophia was nowhere in sight.

I panicked.

I jolted out of bed and sprinted towards the doorway. My foot got caught on the leg of a dresser and I tumbled out the door and down the hall. I landed on my butt in the middle of the hall with my back facing the stairs. I didn't see the steps since they were behind me, so I laid back with my hands covering my face. Being me, my head hit the first step and I tumbled down the steps. When I reached the bottom my whole body was on fire. There were aching pain circulating through my entire body.

"Fuck" I mumbled as I adjusted my limbs into a normal sitting position.

"No cussin' in the house!" Hershel yelled from the other room. I sarcastically chuckled and attempted to stand up. My legs wobbled and my head swayed, causing my vision to be blurred. Maggie came running down the hall with her arms outstretched, ready to steady me if I needed it. I, of course needed it, but denied her help. I stepped forward with my right leg but came crashing down to the floor. Everything started to fade and I, once again, was overpowered by the darkness.

*-*-*

Daryl's POV

We arrived at the old farm house where Carl, Rick, Rider and Shane were the day after. I forced my body to cooperate and drag my feet to the place where we will be camping out. I didn't really care about anyone else, I only wanted to find those two missing girls. They were all that mattered to me now, finding them is all I need to do. I need to, if its the last thing i do. I promised myself I would keep Alyx safe and I broke that promise. I failed her. I failed the whole group. I just want to keep her safe. Whenever I'm with her a get a numb sensation throughout my body and my mouth goes dry. Maybe I love her. I've never loved anyone, let alone a woman. The hell am I talking about, I don't. Even if I did, this "relationship" would be one sided. How could she think of me like that? All I am is a uneducated redneck. These feelings that I have for her are unexplainable. I don't understand them. Physical pain I understand, but this emotional crap? Hell no. Damn her for making me feel this way! I'll just push them a side, ignore them. That's all. That's it. I have no room for that kind of relationship. I can't get to close to her, because if she leaves, I can't be heartbroken. But I want to be with her, I want to feel her soft skin against mine and her sweet lips and to see her smile that is more beautiful than the stars. I really have no idea what I'm going to do.

*-*-*

Alyx POV

I woke to a dark sky and the sound of glass clattering against glass. I was getting tired of waking up with no remembrance of what had happened. I moaned and rested my hands in my head as I sat up. The quiet clacking sounded like giant footsteps pounding down a metal hallway. I groaned again and massaged my temples. The pounding dialed down and I gathered enough strength to stand up. I stood to my full height and everything swayed. I lost my footing and came crashing down onto the bed. I groaned again and stood up once more, accomplishing this time. I made my way to the door and opened it.

I walked down the narrow hall way and when I arrived at the stairway I sighed heavily. I carefully made my way down the steps into walked into the dinning room. What I found made me speechless.

The group, the whole group, was sitting at the table having a casual conversation. I cleared my throat and all their heads spun in my direction. Everyone went dead silent.

"Alyx!" Carl and Sophia squealed as they ran up to me and threw their arms around my waist. I patted their heads and smiled. I bent down to eye level with them.

"Hey kiddo. You looked like you've healed." I said to carl, holding his hands. He nodded excitedly and smiled real big. I stood to me full height and patted his shoulder. The only person that wasn't in here was Daryl. I must have looked worried because Lori chuckled and shook her head reassuringly.

"Don't worry, hun. He just wanted to be by himself is all." She said as she stood up. One by one, everyone greeted me and gave me a hug. When everyone was done I took a roll of bread and headed outside to find Daryl. I took a step onto the porch and overlooked the scenery. Our tents were set up around a tall tree in the front of the house, a barn was standing a few hundred yards back and a long dirt path lead up to the house. I squinted as saw that on top of a hill to the the right was a small fire. It was Daryl's private camp. My legs automatically started to carry me to him. I quickened my pace. My lungs burned and my legs ached but I ran on.

When I was close enough I saw his built figure sitting on a log carving some arrows. I stopped in my tracks.

"Daryl?" I said, sounding hopeful, taking a few more steps towards him. He looked up at me and smirked. His smirk soon faded and anger crossed his face.

"The hell, woman?" he shouted, standing up and tossing his arrow to the side.

"Wha' the hell are ye' doin' here?" He yelled, getting closer to my face.

"They found me and Sophia and brought us here." I calmly answered. I'm not quite sure what is going on here, but I'm going to just go with it.

"Yer all nice and cleaned up here but ye' don' come lookin' fer the rest of us?!" he practically screamed. I was still attempting to keep my calm.

"Daryl, I was injured and unconscious! I had no choice." I said, getting angrier by the second.

How dare he, how dare he, finally find me and yell at me for not looking for him. I was not able to leave, I was unconscious for days!

"I was out here every single day looking fer ye! I thought ye were dead, but yer here havin' a tea party with yer new friends?" He said, pointing in my face.

"I tried to find the group! I really fucking did, Daryl! I got knocked out! Twice for fucks sake!" I yelled, my blood was beginning to boil. This was a new level of anger I was experiencing.

A single raindrop fell from the sky, it hit the bridge of my nose. It would soon start to pour. I ignored it and continued to file out my case.

"Ye seem okay to me! Yer tellin' me, tha' ye got hit over the head and couldnt come serchin' fer us?" he growled.

"Yes! Hershel wouldn't let me leave!" I hissed, taking a step closer to him. We were inches apart, I could feel his breath hitting my face.

"Bullshit" he said in a low tone. I stared at him for what seemed like an eternity.

"I missed ye" he mumbled, resting his hand on my hip.

"I missed you too." I answered, placing one of my hands on his cheek.

"Really?" he asked, leaning in a little closer.

"You have no idea." I said before I crashed my lips into his for a few seconds of sweet bliss. By now, I wasn't feeling angry I was feeling jubilant. The soft rain drizzle was replaced with powerful downpour.

It was like a romantic movie scene, expect in those there are no flesh eating monsters...

*-*-*

Have I ever told you guys that I suck at writing endings?

1) For TWD do you ship Caryl or Bethyl?

2) Is Dalyx finally going to be, like, all lovey and stuff?

3) do you know what a sausage staff is?