Eleven

So I didn't fix my phone, so the chapters will be somewhat shorter than usual..but I'm getting a new one in a few days!

Sorrrrry!! I got a cut and it started bleeding last chapter sooo, yeah

Last chapter I kept Amy alive, how do you guys feel about that?

I've been thinking about changing my username, any suggestions?

Does anyone no some really good daryl fanfics? I ran out of good ones.

Okay sorry, here's the story now

*-*-*

The light was blinding. A muscular arm wrapped around my shoulders and guided me into towards the light, along with everyone else. I recognized that arm to belong to Rider.

We all slowly made our way into the building, the light softened, and I could make out a tired looking man, with a rifle.

"why are you here? What do you want? " he called out. Rick answered, being the leader of the group.

"A chance" He answered.

"That's asking an awful alot these days" the man replied.

" I know" Rick said. All of us inched closer to the mysterioud man. Daryl was close to my side, will Rider was on the other. Me and Rider shared uneasy glances before advancing towards the man. The man backed up a few steps.

"you all admit to a blood test, thats the price of admission" He announced. Rick nodded furiosouly.

"we can do that" he exclaimed.The man lowered his rifle and walked towards us.

"you got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes, it stays closed". Me, Glenn, Tdog, Daryl and shane ran out the door and gathered the groups belongings. Tdog slamed the doors shut behind us and the man locked them. Rick introduced as and the man did as well, His name is Edwin Jenner and he's a scientist. We made our way into the cramped elevator, I was squished in between Riders back and Daryls chest. The elevator shook and I stumbled backwards causing me to slam into a brick wall. Wait, nope it's Daryl's chest again. He looked down at me and gave me that Dixon smirk. I lightly smacked his arm and rolled my eyes, the smirk grew.

"Doctors always gon around packin heat like that?" Rider asked, to break the silence.

"There were plenty laying around, I familiarized myself' Jenner replied. Back to awkward silence.

"But you all seem harmless enough" Jenner said. He eyed Carl and a small smile grew on his lips.

"Except you, I'm going to have to keep an eye on you" he whispered to Carl. Carls cheeks flushed and he hid in his mothers side. More silence. The elevator doors opened and everyone filed out, gasping for air. Jenner led us down a long hallway and into a huge room full of computers.

"Vi, hit the lights" he announced to the empty room. The lights flashed on but no one was in sight.

"Where is everyone? the staff? the workers?" Rick asked. Jenner looked down at his feet and sighed.

"It's just me, I'm all that's left" he announced. Everyone let out small gasps as they looked around.

"What about the person you were speaking with? Vi?" Lori called out. Jenner looked at the big screen in the middle of the wall and announced

"Vi! say hello to our guest! Tell them welcome"

A rob arid female voice echoed throughout the room.

"Hello Guest, Welcome" it said.

"I'm lol that's left" Jenner repeated. Rick looked around the room, astonished.

"I'm sorry" Jenner apologized. His words made me lightheaded. I grabbed Riders arm for support as I slightly stumbled forwards. He steadied me and ask if I'm okay,Which I lie to and say yes.

Jenner begins to take our blood samples, when he comes to me, I hesitate. Zombies? eh. Spiders? eh. Serial killers? eh. Heights and Needles? Hell no. He looks at my terrified face and chuckles.

"Needles?" he asks. I shake my head furiously.

"Needles and Heights" I answer. He chuckles again and motions me to sit down. I walk over and plop down on the chair. He winks at Rider and sets the needle down.

"Hey, Alyx?" Rider calls. I turn my head in his direction, but before I can reply the needle is stuck into my forearm and I wince. Jenner pulls it out quickly and smiles to him self.

"That was rude" I joked as I stood from the chair and walked over to The group. I Sat between Carl and Daryl. Cark giggled and turned to me with a amused look on his face.

"What's up, little man?" I asked, ruffling up his hair. He whispered sown thing to Sophia before giggling again.

"We thought you weren't scared of anything!" he blurted out. I playfully glared at the two and folded my arms.

"I'm not" I said. Cark rolled his eyes and giggled again.

"Except needles and heights" he said. He giggles sown more before I lightly snakes his arm. He laughed some more before controlling himself.

"What are you scared of?" I asked the two little kids.

"Spiders and monsters" Sophia whispered. She put her finger to her lips and giggles again. Carl didn't though, he simply shrugged and looked me straight in the eye.

"Losing people" he softly said. I felt my heart break when he said that. He was so little and has to witness this horrible world. So much death, so much killing. I put my arm around his shoulders and sighed.

"Me too kiddo" I whispered kissing his head.

*-*-*

"Children in Italy and France drink wine!" Dale said over the table. He was trying to persuade Lori to let Carl drink some wine. I honestly didn't see the issue , I mean he may never be 21 and able to drink alcohol.

"When Carl is in Italy or France he can have some then" Lori stated, putting her hand over Carl's glass. I chuckled and leaned my head on Riders shoulder. I was exhausted and all this alcohol was making me a little dizzy. Daryl grunted from the other side of me, jealous probably, but he has to grow up and accept that I left, but I'm back now.

"Come on!" Rick persuaded. Lori finally caved in and lifted her hand from the glass. Dale poured a small amount of wine into Carl's glass. Cael brought the glass to his lips and poured the liquid down his throat. Secons later he pulled the glass away and made a disgusted face. He yelled ew and said that it was nasty. I chuckled and reached across the table and ruffled his hair again.

"What don't you stick to soda pop, there bud?" I said. He smiled at me and nodded. Shane being the douche bag he is, stopped all the fun.

"So when Ya gonna tell us what happened here? all the other doctors? we came here for answers and we got one man, why?" he asked. I sighed and shook my head.

"We're celebrating shane, no need to bring this up now" Rick said. Shane scoffed and put his fork down.

"Man, this was your plan, to find all the answers" He said with a fake laugh. Jenner looked over to Shane and sighed again.

"Many just left, went to be with there families, others bolted" He firmly replied. Shane didn't look pleased.

"Every last one?" he douchely asked.

"No, many couldn't face walking out the door. there was a rash of suicides, they opted out" He said.

"But you didn't,wave, why?" Andrea asked.

"I just kept working, hoping I do some good" Jenner said. Rider rubbed his face and groaned.

"You are suck a buzzkill, man" Glenn said to Shane.

*-*-*

Chapters long enough

Ending sucks, whoops

1) will Amy survive the amputation?

2) what's going on with the CDC?

3) is daryl still jealous?

I'm thinking of changing my username, any suggestions?